I might have made a mistake!

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok guys, I bought a new set of Ping G15 irons in May and I didn't get them fit. Now I'm not sure if they are long enough or the right lie angle for me. So can I get these clubs adjusted? How long would that take?

Yes. I would send them to ping after u get fit at a pro shop...ping will shock set them to adjust. Cast can be tricky and flex back after a while. Ping has a special bend process.

As long as you are not going to switch shafts that should not be too much. If you switch shafts I have heard Ping can be pricey. If you are just getting the lofts adjusted and SW adjustment I have heard about 2 weeks turnaround.

clay, i would send them to ping for adjustments to the lie angles and whatnot and any golf shop can extend the shafts fairly easily. i've had some extended up to 1/2'' and it didn't affect anything.

i've also sent irons to ping before for adjusting and the turn around time isn't all that bad. it's well worth it.

Ok guys, I bought a new set of Ping G15 irons in May and I didn't get them fit. Now I'm not sure if they are long enough or the right lie angle for me. So can I get these clubs adjusted? How long would that take?

If you are lucky then the lie is fine and its just a length adjustment. Adding a bit of length to a club is pretty easy and actually quite fun. I take mine +1/2 so every new off the shelf club I buy I rip off the grip, epoxy in an extension, then regrip. Never had any issues.

Now if you have to adjust the lie this its a whole different story.

Chip Usher @ Usher Golf in Savannah can adjust those and get them back to you in a few days. I guess you really need to know +- what you need bent first though.

I think Gregg is a Mizuno guy at Willow Lake. However he or Robert could probably look at them and help you out. They have a PING fitting cart at Forest Heights. You might see if Walt or his assistant can "fit" you there just to make sure.

I you just need to adjust the lie Ping offer this service free of charge you only have to fill the requisition form that is availble on Pings webpage and pay fro the shipping.

Definitely should let PING do any loft or lie adjustments on their irons. If you get them done locally any club builder will tell you there is a risk of breakage and because of that risk they will not be responsible if it happens.

Back