Hybrid Shafts: What Flex Do You Use On Your Hybrids

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
This question has been playing through my mind of late, whether I should switch from the stiff flex I have on my hybrids now or go with a regular flex. So what flex do you prefer on your hybrid shafts?

Same flex as with my irons

Same Flex as everywhere else. X for me.

Stiff irons, Wedges, Fairway Woods and Hybrids if I carry them. X-Stff Driver cause I swing more aggressively with the driver than the other clubs.

Regular flex. Tense 65

I like 1 less flex on my hybrids , I tend to pull hook them if they are on the stiffer side for some reason but it has to be a low torque

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I just got fit for a 3 Hybrid, Taylor Made Sim Max, Ventus 7 Stiff. We played around with different flexes and that one worked best for me. I was hitting it further than my old driver by an average of 18 yards (for reference my new driver is / was avg 54 yds longer)

Stuff for me, which matches my irons.

Currently a stiff shaft for all clubs in the bag. X has always felt too harsh for me. Like I had to use too much effort.

I use a stiff. My swing speed is around 92 with the hybrid, if that helps.

I use the same flex for all clubs. Regular flex

Stiff flex same as my irons and wedges and woods

I like to be one stiffer than my irons usually, so X. I wasn't sure why that worked best for me, and probably still aren't, but it made more sense when I compared videos and noticed the differences in shaft flex.

Stiff...Had regular flex hybrids before...the stiff feels best. My irons are regular flex in my launcher HBs and stiff in my srixon 565s...I’m undecided which are "better"

Back