Home Course EOY Wrap-Up

ryang13

Wristy McWristFace
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
9.0 GC
Got an email with a survey today from my home track asking about improvements. Does your course do this, and what would you improve about it after this season?

Got an email with a survey today from my home track asking about improvements. Does your course do this, and what would you improve about it after this season?
No they haven’t but I was talking about this with a friend last week and putting it down in text it really made me appreciate just how much they’ve done over the past 2 years.

They've done so much over the past 2.5 years at mine. New paths, redid all the bunkers, cleared a bunch of trees, upgraded irrigation, upgraded short game area, built a new clubhouse, and now doing the range.

Going back to private is coming. I can feel it. Hopefully I'll get one more year out of it and by 2025 I'm hoping to be moved to north Myrtle.

We have an end of year survey that includes everything from membership experience, events, pro shop, food, course, etc.

I definitely fill it out completely each year, including typically having a conversation with the GM.

We have an end of year survey that includes everything from membership experience, events, pro shop, food, course, etc.

I definitely fill it out completely each year, including typically having a conversation with the GM.
That is much more in-depth than the survey I just got. Are they pretty good about actioning feedback?

That is much more in-depth than the survey I just got. Are they pretty good about actioning feedback?
I think the groupthink results speak pretty loudly.

While I was on the advisory board, we would spend one or two meetings talking through the results and finding out what action plans they had to improve on certain things. It was up to us (the board) to be able to better explain why the results were they way that they were so the GM could go to ownership, or make changes to staff to improve.

My course does this, ive also been on the boards etc....The problem i've found is that like with most things, it's a small group of people who complain and often they are not indicative of the broader population

I remember being on the house committee and we would get complaints for healthier food options at the field bar. Finally we did it and ended up throwing them all out, the only people who bought them were literally the 4-5 people complaining, out of hundreds of members.

My course is a fantastic golf course, one of the best in Canada. But our facilities need work. And the problem is we're in a moderate income area so have a lot of members who don't want to spend on it. That's their right....but it's also why we don't have great facilities

My old course did this and I thought it was great to be able to provide my thoughts.

Couple thoughts, flattening tee boxes, growing out and changing the shape of fairways, adding sand.

Those were some of my recommendations.

Back