Caper

Reaction score
Handicap
I am playing a course that I have never played before on Friday. I took a look at the scorecard and almost fell off my chair!!!

16 holes have water hazards and a few have 3 or 4 of them, all in play. It is a very short course, coming in at just under 6,400 yards at the tips, and 5,800 yards from the whites, but I have heard and read some horror stories. There are 4 par 4's under 320 yards and it looks like 2 of the greens are protected by water in front of the green preventing any hero shots. I have actually never seen this much water on a course in my life. It is crazy! Looks like the driver will be staying in the bag quite a bit! Also, the fairways are tight and all are lined with thick woods.

Might be one of those days where I appreciate golf for the sport it is and be happy I am alive and well enough to play it!

Will provide updates and photos on the weekend.

Last edited:
I am playing a course that I have never played before on Friday. I took a look at the scorecard and almost fell off my chair!!!

16 holes have water hazards and a few have 3 or 4 of them, all in play. It is a very short course, coming in at just under 6,400 yards at the tips, and 5,800 yards from the whites, but I have heard and read some horror stories. There are 4 par 3's under 320 yards and it looks like 2 of the greens are protected by water in front of the green preventing any hero shots. I have actually never seen this much water on a course in my life. It is crazy! Looks like the driver will be staying in the bag quite a bit! Also, the fairways are tight and all lines with thick woods.

Might be one of those days where I appreciate golf for the sport it is and be happy I am alive and well enough to play it!

Will provide updates and photos on the weekend.

Sounds like a round at a Florida course. We have tons of water here. Have fun, I am looking forward to hearing how your round goes.

Water hazards.

From the title of the thread, I thought someone wanted information about having their clubs blessed.

Good luck with the course! :D

Water hazards.

From the title of the thread, I thought someone wanted information about having their clubs blessed.

Good luck with the course! :D

Haha! Might be blessing some balls in the water before the round is over.

320 yard par 3s??

Sounds like a fun course. You can't be scared to lose balls or not hit driver. If that happens you bring bogey into play either way. What I mean it by the lack of distance by your driver you bring another long club out if the bag and have to hit accurate from over 200 yards for a GIR. I understand being intimidated I would be but I wouldn't play scared either.

Tons if water tough

I'm sure he meant par 4's.

Indeed!

Sounds like a fun course. You can't be scared to lose balls or not hit driver. If that happens you bring bogey into play either way. What I mean it by the lack of distance by your driver you bring another long club out if the bag and have to hit accurate from over 200 yards for a GIR. I understand being intimidated I would be but I wouldn't play scared either.

Tons if water tough

Depending on the placement of the water. If it is over 300, or less than 230 I will pull driver. But definitely not for the short par 4's or anything in between those distances. I hit my 4i over 200 with roll and am pretty solid with the 3w so I might use them on the iffy holes.

The course my Dad is a member of in north MS is built around a large lake and 15 of 18 holes have water in play.
The course plays in a clockwise fashion around the lake so if you are a slicer it's going to be an awfully wet day for you!

Sounds like a round at a Florida course. We have tons of water here. Have fun, I am looking forward to hearing how your round goes.

Exactly, water water everywhere. Nice to look at horrible if you're having one of those crappy ball striking days. Target golf at it's best.

Sounds like a game of TCs famous golf chess. Layup to numbers and birdie those suckers. Your move, golf course.

Ditto to this. I play a course in the Bradenton,FL area that has water in play on 18/18 holes, most courses down here have it everywhere.

Good luck on the round! Let us know how you do!

Ditto to this. I play a course in the Bradenton,FL area that has water in play on 18/18 holes, most courses down here have it everywhere.

Good luck on the round! Let us know how you do!

Waterlefe? I can't remember if it has water on all 18 though. As some have already said, that sounds like a typical FL course. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterlefe? I can't remember if it has water on all 18 though. As some have already said, that sounds like a typical FL course. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I was refering to the Preserve at Tara, in Bradenton. Water on every single hole, as well as wildlife areas to watch out for.

Waterlefe, if I can remember correctly has water on just about every hole, but only in play on 15 out of 18.

If I had been planning on going to Florida for golf, I think I may reconsider! Courses where I play typically have 2-3, 5 holes max with water.

Although, playing up here in Canada we have a distinct advantage with our water holes being that they are mostly ice. Chalk another one up for the Great White North!
Canada: 2 Florida: 3,765?

Back