Hokie2018’s WITB

Hokie2018

Reaction score
Hello! I am relatively new to THP and returning to golf, never really caught on in my teens but after a fall range session caught the bug again. This WITB is subject to change with the club between 4i and 3w not finalized quite yet due to comfort/range results, but posting before my first planned round of the season on Saturday.

Driver- TSR3 @ 9*, Ventus Black 6x

3W - AI Smoke Triple Diamond, Ventus Black 8x

5W - Paradym, Kai’li White 7x — more comfortable with that here than a driving iron that did well for a few shots during a fitting, and fits that ~240 yard gap I need in my bag.

4i-PW - Titleist T150 ‘23 model, Dynamic Gold X100, bent 1* strong through 8i, 9i is standard, and PW is bent 1* weak for gapping with wedges.

50*, 56*, 60* - Vokey SM10, 56* bent to 55* for gapping. In black to eliminate glare as compared to the chrome finish and IMO is very sleek.

P - Odyssey Ai-One #2, playing at 35”

Will be testing balls throughout my rounds this year to see what is playing best. Will probably start out with ProV1 and hope for the best.

The paradym 5W that I fit into when I was just coming back and wanted to upgrade the top end of my bag, but never really was as easy as I liked, will probably end up going the route of AI Smoke Triple Diamond by the end of the year as the budget allows for that change. I’m more a fan of the deep face that TD offers compared to standard models. Also, Ventus has been a game changer for me so far, has been much better than Kai’li in terms of stability on bad swings.

I picked the paradym 5W over a Titleist U505 3i with HZRDUS Black 4g 6.5 @ 95g, but if I can get the U505 going one day I’ll test it out on course as well.

IMG_5339.jpeg
IMG_5338.jpegIMG_5337.jpeg

Back