Hit mats and nets for the home.

juicegoose

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been wanting to use a little hit mat on the back porch for a while. I notice all over the place there are different brands and such. Same goes with nets. What brands and styles would you folks recommend? Also how well does the shaggy looking ones hold up to clubs?

It would be best to not use a mat at all, but if you want one, it would be best to spend some money and get a good one that really absorbs the shock and won't damage clubs.

I would agree. I go to the range as much as possible but sometimes when i'm out back cooking on the grill I thought it might be cool to have a mat to swing the sticks on.

It's definitely fun. Are you planning on actually hitting balls? Do you have grass below the deck?

I would agree. I go to the range as much as possible but sometimes when i'm out back cooking on the grill I thought it might be cool to have a mat to swing the sticks on.

I have a funny feeling that it would lead to a lot of well done meat! :)

Add a sandbox and a kiddy pool for "hazards" and you're all set ;)

spazzdog

Get a large 3x5 mat. Don't waste your time with a small one. They suck.

I went for about a year without a net in the back - mostly irons and wedges only, drivers and FW woods tend to break the netting too easily - and I found that the consistency of my swing eroded somewhat. If I hit balls even for just a few minutes every day it helps to keep the feel and timing I need to be really comfortable over a ball on the golf course. The net helps me to stay sharp on the days I can't get out to play or get to the range.

Back