Help with some collector's coins

JF

Reaction score
I have this set of about 40 bronze coins electroplated with 24kt gold. They all have an image of a famous sculpture on one side and the artist and year on the other side. I bought them at a garage sale back in middle school when I was really into art. Does anyone who knows about this kind if stuff know if they are part or some bigger set, or more importantly if these have any value being as the gold is only plating and not solid?

THPing on Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369865079.155872.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369865079.155872.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369865109.265845.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1369865109.265845.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
JF,

I am not a coin collector so take this with a grain of salt. I saw the inscriptions and put them into a Google search. If you want to learn more about the sculpture just Google "The Kiss 1912 Constantin Brancusi" and you will find a lot of information. I did a search on eBay for you to try and find some sort of value and I only saw one coin that resembled yours. The seller was asking for $32 and seemed to be some sort of rare collectibles dealer. I hope this helps somewhat.

Last edited:
JF,

I am not a coin collector so take this with a grain of salt. I saw the inscriptions and put them into a Google search. If you want to learn more about the sculpture just Google "The Kiss 1912 Constantin Brancusi" and you will find a lot of information. I did a search on eBay for you to try and find some sort of value and I only saw one coin that resembled yours. The seller was asking for $32 and seemed to be some sort of rare collectibles dealer. I hope this helps somewhat.

Thanks a lot!

Can you post a link to the eBay listing?

I have searched the sculptures, but I don't think the particular sculpture adds value at all...

Thanks a lot!

Can you post a link to the eBay listing?

I have searched the sculptures, but I don't think the particular sculpture adds value at all...

I can do that. Just want to make sure with a Moderator that it is okay to do that. I know many forums frown upon that.

I can do that. Just want to make sure with a Moderator that it is okay to do that. I know many forums frown upon that.

It is allowed to post eBay links here. Only reason you couldn't is you can;t sell items both on eBay and on the THP Marketplace.

Back