Help me out, THPers

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
My 54* carries about 20-30 yards short of its intended distance on full swings. Ball flight is pretty high. Impact mark from the ball is pretty centered on the club face so it doesn’t seem like a mishit problem. I know I’ve got a wonky swing but this only happens with this one club. I demo’d a Mack Daddy at 56* (not exactly apples to apples) and I tended to see the same thing, although maybe not as pronounced. Thoughts about what’s going on?

:confused2: Could you be shortening your back swing, or maybe opening the face some?

The only time I've seen a significant change in distance with my wedges was when I went from steel to graphite shafts, and that was an increase in distance, and wasn't completely unexpected.

Just impossible to say without seeing anything, but a lot of times it's just from a flip getting exposed with a shorter heavier club. Not getting over and through the ball. Usually comes up about that distance short of expected gapping and is pretty infuriating because it doesn't feel like a bad strike. :confused2: Could be other things, but with the height you said I'd wager the initial launch is pretty high.

Back