Hello from Minnesota Lake Country

Jimbud

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi Everyone, Glad I found your site. Started playing golf with my Dad as a kid and continued playing off and on for a number of years till a right hand injury forced me to give the game up. I was working at a golf travel show and a teaching pro from the Twin Cities told me to learn to swing the club with my left hand. (swingers swing) After a few lessons from the pro and I was back at it and have been playing serious golf for 3 years now and love it.

I'm lucky enough to live in Nisswa Minnesota which is part of the Brainerd Lakes Area in North Central Minnesota, a area with 180 holes of golf within 10 minutes of my front door. With my wife working for one of the area's large resort conference centers we have access to a couple great courses.

I love to practice and just got my handicap down to a high single digit but the season has come to a close and the only golf I will be doing for the next 5 months is into a practice net. :golf:

Welcome to THP. Glad to have you.

Welcome to THP Jimbud!

Welcome to THP, Jim!

Welcome to THP!!

Thanks guys, Just touched the surface of the site and it's very impressive. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome to THP! I live in Sioux Falls, SD so we're not too far away. I'm enjoying this nice late fall weather, hopefully it sticks around!

Welcome!

Welcome!

Hello and :welcome:

welcome aboard!

welcome to THP jimbud, glad to have you here man, and congrats on getting that hcp down into single digits. it takes a lot to get it there.

Welcome to THP. Glad to hear you got back into this wonderful game.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP !

I'd love to make it to Minnesoter sometime and catch me a big ESOX.
I catch them here in Washington and Idaho, but not to the size you get them there.
In fact, I'm going ESOX hunting this weekend in beautiful Lake Coeur d' Alene.
A buddy of mine got a 14 pounder last weekend.....I'm out to top him.

Welcome to THP !

I'd love to make it to Minnesota sometime and catch me a big ESOX.
I catch them here in Washington and Idaho, but not to the size you get them there.
In fact, I'm going ESOX hunting this weekend in beautiful Lake Coeur d' Alene.
A buddy of mine got a 14 pounder last weekend.....I'm out to top him.

The hardcore muskie fisherman are on the water right now. The bite is on. A friend of mine is a taxidermist and has mounted some 50+ inch fish from the Leach Lake area. I'm with in 25 minuites of 2 of the best muskie lakes in Minnesota. Leach & Mille Lacs.

Last edited:
Welcome!

Back