Heaviest and Stiffest Graphite Wedge Shaft

Karl

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking to try some heavy and stiff graphite wedge shafts. I'm looking to see if it can offer more accuracy and be easier to fade the ball. Any experiences?

ive tried Accra iTour 130, Fujikura MCI Wedge 125 (both solid and mild...oddly mild is the stiffer one), UST recoil prototype 125 and prototype wedge 125, matrix ozik program 130

none of them are particularly stiff compared to steel versions. I know graphite can be made much stiffer than steel but all the ones ive tried seems to focus on a looser tip to increase spin like a KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

For me, I preferred the Fujikura MCI mild 125 more than the rest. It wasn't a game changing wedge shaft, but for strictly graphite and heavy it was the best. You might even want to consider AeroTech SteelFiber 125. Those should play the stiffest overall

What does Bryson have in his wedges? I would imagine they are heavy and stiff.
This..... but they aren't even produced for anyone other than him

LA Golf Rebar

ive tried Accra iTour 130, Fujikura MCI Wedge 125 (both solid and mild...oddly mild is the stiffer one), UST recoil prototype 125 and prototype wedge 125, matrix ozik program 130

none of them are particularly stiff compared to steel versions. I know graphite can be made much stiffer than steel but all the ones ive tried seems to focus on a looser tip to increase spin like a KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

For me, I preferred the Fujikura MCI mild 125 more than the rest. It wasn't a game changing wedge shaft, but for strictly graphite and heavy it was the best. You might even want to consider AeroTech SteelFiber 125. Those should play the stiffest overall
I might end up with steel but still want to give graphite a chance because its a better shock absorber.

Recoil Proto F4 and F5 are just under 130g (128 if memory serves me).

why would you want the heaviest stiffest wedge shafts? Honest question, what are you looking for performance wise?

why would you want the heaviest stiffest wedge shafts? Honest question, what are you looking for performance wise?
For me it's generally more consistent distance and direction. My tempo is better, more predictable ball flight...

For me it's generally more consistent distance and direction. My tempo is better, more predictable ball flight...
agree!! the more active tips are terrible for me. The KBS Hi-Rev coming in alot of wedges now makes me balloon alot of shots or hit a high weak fade

id rather lower my launch with something stiffer and heavier

agree!! the more active tips are terrible for me. The KBS Hi-Rev coming in alot of wedges now makes me balloon alot of shots or hit a high weak fade

id rather lower my launch with something stiffer and heavier

The great thing about having so many options out there, my wedge game picked up after installing the KBS Hi-Rev. I have the Major Greed Edition...Love Em'

Back