Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm not writing this looking for sympathy, just support. While living in Florida this past winter I began to notice little things happening with my body. I have had diabetes most of my life and I'm on pills & insulin. There are always problem's that can crop up with diabetes. Mine is pretty well under control most of the time.

I returned to Indiana in mid June this year as some of the things I could feel, seemed to be getting worse, and I wanted to get with my doctor who I had been seeing for years. After many tests, I was diagnosed with MS. My biggest issues day to day have been un-controlled mussel movements, twitching, tremors and loss of balance. I have never ending tingling mainly in my hands and feet, but at times, all over my body. I am on new medications, and in time there will be additional medications, and they seem to help some but not a hundred percent. I even have difficulty just typing as I am right now. I have to back up a lot a correct mistakes. My eyes and hands no longer seem to be working together.

So, I'm doing OK right now. I have been unable to golf of course and that is hard for me. My doctors think there will be a time soon when my meds are correct and I should be able to play again. So I now have two things to worry about, but we can't control everything thrown at us. I haven't been here much lately as it often hard to concentrate at times, but it is getting better. Is anyone else here experiencing anything like this?

I am healthy and reading your post makes me realize how good life really is for me and my family. I sincerely hope life improves for you and golf can be a part of that.

Hopefully your docs can get your meds straightened out soon, so you can (hopefully) get back to the course! Having an activity you enjoy is therapeutic. I've been dealing with some health issues the last few years and having my activities (golf and woodworking) have helped. Try to stay positive. That helps a lot as well!

Hey Hoosier, I know you said you don't want any sympathy but you are getting some from me. I'm really sorry you are going through this. To your question, I've been dealing with some health issues but nothing of this sort.

I went through a span where my asthma got out of control, was in and out of the hospital. It was hard to walk from the cart to the green without having issues. I gave up the game because of it until I finally had enough of not playing. With some tests and what not, I was put on a medication that prevents attacks and now no longer have to carry a rescue inhaler which is good for me since I've had asthma 41 years . Keep your head up and listen to the doctors. Once they get your medicine right, hopefully that puts you back out there!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Your story really puts my "bulky back" into perspective. I hope your meds are able to give you back your life. And if golf can be part of that picture, that's just icing on the cake. Wishing you well!

I hope things work out for the best for you. It is never fun having to battle things like that.

I have been very fortunate as far as health goes but as humans anything can happen. I sincerely hope that the medication that you are taking will get you back on the course soon.

Prayers and good vibes to you, sir. Getting a medication "right" is a scary science experiment. But, it is what has to be done and it appears that you have a fantastic attitude to carry you through it and get back on the course.

I'm sorry that you are going through this. Many people take their health for granted. Thank you for posting about your journey.

Age is a huge factor when dealing with MS. The older you are when you get your diagnosis, the better chances that it will not effect you as much, won't progress as quickly, and will be easier to control with the current meds available.

Stay positive and most of all, take one day at a time. God bless.

I have some nasty lower back issues that have limited my golf, but it's nothing compared to what you are going through. Stay strong and keep thinking positive!!

I'm not writing this looking for sympathy, just support. While living in Florida this past winter I began to notice little things happening with my body. I have had diabetes most of my life and I'm on pills & insulin. There are always problem's that can crop up with diabetes. Mine is pretty well under control most of the time.

I returned to Indiana in mid June this year as some of the things I could feel, seemed to be getting worse, and I wanted to get with my doctor who I had been seeing for years. After many tests, I was diagnosed with MS. My biggest issues day to day have been un-controlled mussel movements, twitching, tremors and loss of balance. I have never ending tingling mainly in my hands and feet, but at times, all over my body. I am on new medications, and in time there will be additional medications, and they seem to help some but not a hundred percent. I even have difficulty just typing as I am right now. I have to back up a lot a correct mistakes. My eyes and hands no longer seem to be working together.

So, I'm doing OK right now. I have been unable to golf of course and that is hard for me. My doctors think there will be a time soon when my meds are correct and I should be able to play again. So I now have two things to worry about, but we can't control everything thrown at us. I haven't been here much lately as it often hard to concentrate at times, but it is getting better. Is anyone else here experiencing anything like this?

Wow, HG. Hang in there.

Positive thoughts and prayers. I wish you only the best through your unfortunate challenge.

Hiya Hoosier,

I am truly sorry to hear of your latest diagnosis. I have had my own issues with health over the years. I too am diabetic on pills and insulin. I had a bout with colon cancer in 2005 that almost took me from this world. I got lucky and the surgeon saved my life. There are a lot of smart medical people and I hope you found some good ones for your battle.

Best Wishes !!

So sorry to hear that Hoosier! I hope they can devise a treatment plan that makes life better.

I'll be praying for you.

I'm sorry that you are going through this. Many people take their health for granted. Thank you for posting about your journey.

Age is a huge factor when dealing with MS. The older you are when you get your diagnosis, the better chances that it will not effect you as much, won't progress as quickly, and will be easier to control with the current meds available.

Stay positive and most of all, take one day at a time. God bless.

I have been told that age is a factor. Most people know they have MS before age 50. The guess is because of issues I was having as far back as two years ago, that mine is still in the early stage. I have good days and bad days. Right now even on a good day, I think golf is out of the question. I have tried. Everything is just so out of time, it is impossible to swing the club and make good contact. I'm holding out hope different meds will make a difference.

Dang man I hate to hear you are struggling, praying they get it under control in short order.

Back