Heading to Hilton Head Omni Resort

I played Harbour Town last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it’s worth playing at least once just for the beauty of the natural area and the walk, although it is pricey. My suggestion would be to get a real caddy and not just use the forecaddy. That made a big difference for me, as I could enjoy the course and walk, get unique perspective of the course, and I think having a dedicated caddie gets you someone what isn’t so focused on just keeping everyone on pace. Also played Oyster Reef. It was a good value for the area and was not packed, so it was a nice and relaxed round.

If you don’t mind a little ride you are welcome to come down to Sapelo Hammock Golf Club in Shellman Bluff, GA and play as my guest while you are in the area.

Happy to play with you there or elsewhere.
Looks like a beautiful spot, unfortunately too long of a drive for us. Being a family vacation with my parents and my sisters family I think we will rarely be leaving the island if at all.

Robert Trent Jones courses and Arthur Hills in Palmetto Dunes. Country Club of HH.
Eat at Red Fish and the fried chicken at the little grocery in Palmetto Dunes.
You’re all set

Lunch:
  • Earle of Sandwich (Coligny Plaza)
  • The Sea Shack (Executive Park Rd)
You'll see lots of locals at either.

Dinner (expensive):
  • Charlie's Restaurant on New Orleans Rd. Monday night is half price bottles of wine. Great Seafood. If you can get a seat at the bar, they have a special menu that includes a Filet Mignon burger that is incredible. Bartender's names are Jeff and Anthony. Both are great.
  • Another option is Crane's which is just down the street from Charlie's. They are a steakhouse with great cocktails. Linen service in dining room. I like to sit the bar. If you get Toby as your bartender he is great.

Dinner (cheap):
  • British Open Pub. Fish & Chips and lot's or Open Championship memorabilia. Another great place to sit at the bar.

All are within a couple minutes of the Sea Pines Circle Gate.
None of the dinner spots will reserve a bar seat but they do turn over pretty reasonably as everyone realizes that there are folks waiting to get the bar menu. I've never waited too long for a stool at any of the above. If you want a table, reserve well ahead for Charlie's or Crane's. British Open Pub will likely have walk-in later in evening but a reservation there is probably best as well.

So I bit the bullet ... you only live once & it's only $$$. I'll come home & make more.

1708393455144.png

Also playing the Fazio Course at Palmetto Dunes on Monday. Possibly open to playing another round somewhere else as well.

If you can - savannah harbor in Savannah ga. Nice course I enjoy it.

The crazy crab for eating on the island.

Back