Has anyone been to Golf USA in Greensboro, NC?

gfb107

Reaction score
Handicap
8.6 GHIN
I'm thinking about making a trip out the Golf USA store in Greensboro, which is about a 1.5 hour drive each way, to check out the Wilson Ci11s in person. I think someone said the Golf USA in Asheville carries Wilson, and even has a Wilson fitting cart.

Wondered if anyone has shopped there and can give some feedback about the store and staff, and the product lines they carry. The corporate Golf USA website is practically useless from that perspective, which frankly gives me a bad feeling about the company.

In the greater Raleigh area we have a Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy, and a number of Dick's Sporting Good stores, but none of them carry Wilson.

I'm also interested in SeeMore putters. Our Golfsmith has a few, but I'd love to check out a few more models.

I'll call ahead to make sure they have the product lines I'm interested in, but would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has shopped there.

I have not been there, to be honest, did not know there was one. There is a little range in Durham, The Durham Golf Center, and they had some Wilson Golf Equipment on display for sale. It was all newer stuff but I can't say for sure that they had the Ci11's. I checked the Wilson golf website and they are a licensed dealer. Here is their contact, give them a call.

I'm thinking about making a trip out the Golf USA store in Greensboro, which is about a 1.5 hour drive each way, to check out the Wilson Ci11s in person. I think someone said the Golf USA in Asheville carries Wilson, and even has a Wilson fitting cart.

Wondered if anyone has shopped there and can give some feedback about the store and staff, and the product lines they carry. The corporate Golf USA website is practically useless from that perspective, which frankly gives me a bad feeling about the company.

In the greater Raleigh area we have a Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy, and a number of Dick's Sporting Good stores, but none of them carry Wilson.

I'm also interested in SeeMore putters. Our Golfsmith has a few, but I'd love to check out a few more models.

I'll call ahead to make sure they have the product lines I'm interested in, but would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has shopped there.

Hunt Golf in Mebane also carries Wilson it says. It is off of exit 153 on 40/85

Thanks for the info. I'll check out those places.

TC just bought his Ci11's from the one in Asheville. Im sure he can chime in but Ive heard nothing bad about them.

TC just bought his Ci11's from the one in Asheville. Im sure he can chime in but Ive heard nothing bad about them.

True that, but Asheville and Greensboro aren't exactly close. The golf usa here does have a full wilson Staff fitting cart though.

Oh, and the staff at the one here is awesome. The owner is a former golf professional. He played Collegiately at UNC and he knows what he's doing. His Manager is a younger guy and he's great to. I would rate my experiences with them very highly.

I have been and I wouldnt drive that far for it. The staff is ok, they have a simulator and the top drives are all by the owner. and they let you know, I think its lame. I dont care how far you hit the ball there (making up for small wenis guy). I just got wierd vibes really. Its not a huge store either. Hell of it is, its the only one in Gboro. Talk about a goldmine.

Appreciate the feedback. Probably won't go based on that, especially since a couple of other places have been suggested that probably have them and are much closer.

Hunt Golf in Mebane also carries Wilson it says. It is off of exit 153 on 40/85
Have you been to Hunt Golf by any chance?. Other than the mention on the Wilson site, I haven't found much information about it online.
It's about a 45 minute drive, which is half the 1.5 hours to Greensboro, but I still hesitate to make that drive without some positive feedback.
Guess I'm spoiled with a Golf Galaxy 15 minutes away, and a Golfsmith less than 10 minutes from some of my kids' activities.

Thanks again for this. Just did a little Google mapping. This one is a reasonable 25 minutes away, and almost directly on the way to Hunt Golf suggested by butters35. Plus it's a driving range, which means I might be able to hit the Ci-11s outdoors, on grass. That would be huge.
I have not been there, to be honest, did not know there was one. There is a little range in Durham, The Durham Golf Center, and they had some Wilson Golf Equipment on display for sale. It was all newer stuff but I can't say for sure that they had the Ci11's. I checked the Wilson golf website and they are a licensed dealer. Here is their contact, give them a call.

4343 Garrett Road
Durham
(919) 401-4653

P.S. Also pondering picking up a SeeMore, and I see you have one for sale. Not quite ready to pull the trigger on that, but if you haven't sold it by the time I am ready, I'll contact you.

Last edited:
I called The Durham Golf Center, but they don't have the Ci-11s.:arrogant:

Head West bro!!

Sent from my forged iPad

Well I'm not talking about one in NC, but I was just taking a look and the nearest golf store to Clemson seems to be Golf USA in Anderson. Clemson said they run a bus to Anderson multiple times daily, so that is definitely a good thing. I hope the store is a good one.

Back