Hartattack52 swing thread

hartattack52

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, I need some help. I'v been playing golf for about 2 years now. I am down to a 12ish handicap. My ball striking is pretty good, but my misses are fat or left. I hit behind the ball and lose distance once and a while. The other thing i am working on is taking a divot, which i currently don't.

I noticed in the video that i take the club to far side ways on the backswing and that my backswing is very long. I can't feel either one of these things and cannot seem to fix them. Are there any drills to fix this? And if you see anything else i should fix, i would appreciate it. Thanks.

Your head drops about a foot when you take the club back. That will cause more problems than an inside takeaway ever could.

Tapalatalking from Tiger 12

Your head drops about a foot when you take the club back. That will cause more problems than an inside takeaway ever could.

Tapalatalking from Tiger 12

Totally agree, keeping your head still is going to be where you want to start before you start to worry about an inside takeaway.

Find a wall with some sand float. Take your address postition make your swing motion with your forehead on the wall. If you leave some skin on the wall, then you are doing it wrong.

You have a nice swing/swing tempo hartattack. I agree with the dropping of the head. That you will need to correct. Also, don't "jump" into your shots. It seems like you have a smooth backswing, and then a quick, hard forward swing. Keep it smooth all the way through.

Good Luck,
BulldogsGolf

You have a pretty large over-the-top move. While it isn't a huge bother to start your backswing with your wrists, I suggest initiating the backswing with your arms first and then hinging your wrists at the top, because you start with your wrists you are setting the club in an improper position and have to re-create the backswing to get it back on plane with your arms.

You have a great position right at the top of your back swing and encourage you to keep that position.

Thanks for the help. I will work on keeping my head still. I never realized i did that. I'v been working on my tempo as well. I know i try to swing to hard. I'm still trying to make my downswing smoother.

Yup. Head is all over the place and you swing into your body. I fight OTT as well.

I seem to love to got OTT w/ the driver. Working real hard to correct that right now!!!

Good luck hartattack!

Thanks, i had a lesson last night, and i think it's getting better. I'll take another video tonight.

You have a nice swing/swing tempo hartattack. I agree with the dropping of the head. That you will need to correct. Also, don't "jump" into your shots. It seems like you have a smooth backswing, and then a quick, hard forward swing. Keep it smooth all the way through.

Good Luck,
BulldogsGolf

I agree, an I too am a victim of this same thing

Here's my updated swing. It still isn't very good, but I have been working on everything you guys told me. I'm keeping my head more still and trying to shorten my swing. I am also trying to slow down and have a smoother and better tempo. What do you guys think?

Overall I think it looks better. Your head is still dropping though.
Keep up the good work!

BulldogsGolf

Here's my updated swing. It still isn't very good, but I have been working on everything you guys told me. I'm keeping my head more still and trying to shorten my swing. I am also trying to slow down and have a smoother and better tempo. What do you guys think?

Big difference between first video and the second. Nice work...I would stand a little taller
And take some of the flex out of your legs. This will help you get a little more upright with your swing. Try dropping our right elbow into your side on the down swing, it will help stop that over the top move. Slow your tempo down, there is more room for error with such a quick tempo. Faster does not equal longer. All in all it looks promising, keep up the good work.

Back