Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
636639643437776049-Great-Shots.jpg

Golf entertainment facility coming to Sanford Sports Complex
Posted 6/7/2018
Posted by No presence informationCOMMUNICATIONS
​Greatshots rendering.jpg

A golf entertainment facility at the Sanford Sports Complex will be home to an interactive driving range, the Sanford POWER Golf Academy, a restaurant and meeting space.

We’re calling it Great Shots, and we believe it will be a driver of health and well-being, family enjoyment and economic development. The facility is scheduled to open in late 2019.

“The vision of the Sanford Sports Complex has always been to create a place filled with activities the entire family can enjoy, and Great Shots is a perfect fit.” said Kelby Krabbenhoft, president and CEO. “This facility cements our commitment to the game of golf and will be unlike anything the region has ever seen.”

Great Shots will help us attract the best and brightest employees. It’s also a way we are weathering the changes in health care. Sanford Health wants to achieve 25 percent of revenue from non-core operations as a way to diversify and help us maintain exceptional care and great facilities.

Fittingly, Great Shots will also provide opportunities and resources for community to stay active and healthy.

As a member of the Sanford family, you’ll enjoy internal giveaway, discounts and additional perks.

To help you better understand why Sanford Health has chosen to invest in a project like this, review the FAQ document.

It’s been extraordinary year for our organization. We’ve announced our involvement in the Sanford International PGA TOUR Champions event, the Sanford Lorraine Cross Award and continued growth of Sanford World Clinic. Great Shots represents more momentum.

Great Shots quick facts

54,000 square feet
Heated, interactive driving range with 60 bays across three floors open year round
Giant video wall with golf technology by Big shots and Flight Scope
Home to Sanford POWER Golf Academy and the Sanford Sports Science Institute’s golf performance and injury prevention research.
Kid Zone with video games and other activities
Full-service restaurant and bar
Six meeting spaces

I mentioned this in the banter thread a few months ago. This is the project that my hospital is starting and I am the lead technical analyst on the project. My duties will be more IT focused regarding the software systems we use for the golf simulation and the Point of Sale systems in place. It will be fully staffed by IT and technical support at opening, not really sure exactly how far my inclusion in this will go, but it sure is going to be a visible project as it is a special project with a team of folks hand picked for certain roles. Very exciting!

I still don't quite get what it is, but that's good for Sioux Falls.

Is it like a YMCA, with a restaurant and bar, and an indoor driving range?

~Rock

No, think Flying Tee. It'll have a big enclosed range like Top Golf and Flying Tee but will not have the Top Golf targets and system in place.

It looks exactly like TopGolf. Is that the plan but less bar and more golf-oriented?

It looks exactly like TopGolf. Is that the plan but less bar and more golf-oriented?

I was told Sanford reached out to TopGolf about coming and they were told Sioux Falls market is too small. So they went out and found a different option and here we go. They're definitely pushing the food/bev/night life thing too. But they're trying to spin the healthy options in there as well.

I was told Sanford reached out to TopGolf about coming and they were told Sioux Falls market is too small. So they went out and found a different option and here we go. They're definitely pushing the food/bev/night life thing too. But they're trying to spin the healthy options in there as well.

I worked at a TopGolf for fun to play free and they overserved way too many people. Really ruined it for me. I like seeing something that is more about having a fun place to actually practice.

I guess we know where to find you every night now!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back