Gordon Lightfoot RIP

BigMac

Grandaddy X '23 - Team Legacy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Canadian folk musician Gordon Lighfoot passed away today at age 84. He gained popularity in the ’60s and ‘70s with such hits as “The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald”, “Sundown”, “Carefree Highway” and “If You Could Read My Mind”.

His cause of death was not immediately announced. RIP Troubador.

A great talent. RIP. I always enjoy it when his songs come on, except for one.

Years ago, when our kids were small, we would occasionally go to a Sunday brunch at a local establishment. It wasn't a gourmet restaurant, but it was "fancy" - very good, upper-tier, and well-regarded. They usually had live music, and one Sunday they had a guitarist-singer. Right in the middle of a bunch of families enjoying Sunday brunch in a very nice dining environment, he launches into The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. I've since been unable to think of that song any other way. "Enjoying your meal??? Here's another song about DEATH!"

RIP...The Pride of the American Side

RIP, loved driving around in the 70's with the top down while he was singing from my 8 track

An absolute legend of the music scene. The Rick Beato stream earlier today had me reaching for the albums yet again.

1683059713020.png

I just became familiar with him about a year ago thanks to Pandora adding him to my mix. He was quick a talent. May his memory be a blessing.

Back