Golf Vacation Planning

Ronnie D

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Who do you book your golf vacations through? I have some buddies who are looking to do a golf trip in April somewhere in the Tennesee area. who is a good site to book through? or am I better off looking for an air BNB and booking that than playing golf somewhere?

We always do Air BNB after finding courses we want to do. then figuring out what the breakout looks like for top course choices and what can we accomplish

My current group is just 3 of us so we've gone the Airbnb and book ourselves route

Last 2 years we have gone through Golf Breaks. Haven't had any issues with them. Not sure if it would be cheaper to book an airbnb, and then the rounds, but using them allows us to all pay via credit card seperately and they handle everything for us.

Do everything myself. Trips to many different places. What works best if doing a week is Rental Agent in area you are going. Better deals/less fees. I have a few different groups I have traveled with. Typically 8. Big house split by 8 usually works great. Typically though we are going to places with substantial tourism. So there are RE Agents that do rentals primarily.

Just get an Airbnb and find the courses we want to play through research. I wouldn't mind have a tripped plan all out for me, but I have always done it the prior way.

I have always booked my own stuff. Took the to time research a little bit and find areas that are best suited for me.

Booking.com and air bnb for places to stay and for rounds just google the area.

Planning a golf vacation with buddies in the Tennessee area sounds like a great idea! When it comes to booking golf trips, you have a few options. You can check out specialized golf travel websites that offer packages tailored for golfers. These often include accommodations and tee times at various golf courses. Alternatively, you can explore Airbnb for lodging and book tee times separately.If you're looking for some golf travel inspiration and insights, https://tripsavannah.com/ is a helpful resource. It might provide you with ideas and tips for your upcoming golf adventure.

Last edited:
These days we take road trips, that include golf for me.

We have found our best vacation to be to just get in the car, and go. Just pick a direction. I assume you could do the same staying in one state.

We carry camping gear, but usually we just pull into a motel, and stay the night. We carry snacks and beverages, with a purchased meal in the evenings.

My Wife is our navigator, and we rarely miss any sights to see.

The length of our road trip varies. The longest one was 24 days. We went to the east coast.

As for golf, we just look signs that say "golf here". If we see a golf course, we stop, and I play it. I once played two courses in one day 200 miles from

Just a thought.

I've used Golf Zoo a few times and it's worked pretty well. Planning a trip and booking everything individually is great, but it takes a fair amount of time. Using a service can be helpful when you don't have the free time to do it yourself.

Just used VRBO to book a 4 bedroom, 3 bath in Biloxi, MS for the first week of April. Going to be playing Grand Bear and Windance with my Dad and Uncle, so I just looked online for somewhere close to stay that could accommodate all of us. Turned out to be much cheaper than booking 3 hotel rooms for the duration of our stay, even with the taxes and fees included.

My issue is I want to go places and play, all the places. I just don’t want to plan it, and neither do my friends, right @jdtox 🤣🤣🤣

My issue is I want to go places and play, all the places. I just don’t want to plan it, and neither do my friends, right @jdtox 🤣🤣🤣
Hahaha yes. Though I'm getting close to just saying F you Jobu I do it myself! :ROFLMAO:

1. Choose destination, including courses.
2. Book AirBnb, VRBO, or depending on location through a local vacation rental company (avoids AirBnb & VRBO fees).

Just used VRBO to book a 4 bedroom, 3 bath in Biloxi, MS for the first week of April. Going to be playing Grand Bear and Windance with my Dad and Uncle, so I just looked online for somewhere close to stay that could accommodate all of us. Turned out to be much cheaper than booking 3 hotel rooms for the duration of our stay, even with the taxes and fees included.
You will enjoy both of those courses. Have you played them before?

I have not. It will be all of our first times playing both courses. Any tips??
Windance usually has some pretty quick greens. Stay below the hole and hope the greenskeeper is nice with pin placements that day.

Just enjoy Grand Bear. Great course cut right out of the woods.

Back