juicegoose

Reaction score
Handicap
Yup thats right. I'm about to talk about Golf Umbrellas. It has been a while since I've owned a good golf umbrella. My last one gave up the ghost on a windy, rainy day a couple of years back. Since then i've kept a rain suit in the bag and kept my fingers crossed. Well the time has come for a little trip and I'm wanting to place an umbrella back in the bag. It hadn't dawned on me though how freaking expensive they were now. Has anyone found a retail store that sells one of good size (60"+) that is of decent price? I have looked at a Nike branded umbrella at Academy and it seems nice but at 45 it seems high.

What kind of umbrella do you guys have and has it worked well and held up well for ya?

I have the black THP Taylormade umbrella and I love it. I think it may have been around $35-40 when purchased but that may not be accurate. I know for anything purchased in golf shops the going price tends to be $35-50 for any of the OEM branded umbrellas.

I have the black THP Taylormade umbrella and I love it. I think it may have been around $35-40 when purchased but that may not be accurate. I know for anything purchased in golf shops the going price tends to be $35-50 for any of the OEM branded umbrellas.

Same here. www.budgetgolf.com also has a decent selection at reasonable prices.

I use an Ogio umbrella and it is the best golf umbrella on the market IMO of course. I picked it up on ebay last year for around $40. Check them out.

I to have the THP Taylormade umbrella. It's 68". I say it all the time, it's like a circus tent. It's amazing.

I want an umbrella for shade when using my Clicgear, I would kill for a THP umbrella.

Golfsmith has quite a few that are less than $40. I have a 40 dollar Ogio umbrella and it seems to be very well made. Haven't had the chance to use it yet though.

I have this one and it was $50 at the time. It's worth it to pay a little more for a big one like this. Very sturdy and handles just about anything.

1172467236_EaEV3-L.jpg

I think my next golf umbrella will be a Sun Tek UV double canopy.

My current Wilson staff umbrella is probably 15 years old and going strong.

Own a Sun Mountain UV umbrella for about 4 years and its held up very well.

TapAhoy!

How long ago was THP selling umbrellas?

I have a Z-Tech umbrella, that appears to be the generic brand Golfsmith carries. Was <$30. If it lasts me the rest of the year I'll be happy. Pretty much only use an umbrella when I'm walking in the rain, which is almost never.

I have Nike Golf one. It cost me about 4 grand. Thats about how much I had to spend on my card to get enough points to get it. Its really nice, I think its either a 68" or 62". Just be sure that no matter what one you go with, you get one thats vented at the top to keep it from going inverted in the wind.

Triple Bogey Tim sent me his taylormade umbrella as a random act of kindness, I use it all the time when it rains. It has saved me during the crazy thunder storms. I must admit that I also use it to walk the dog when it rains haha it looks like really funny

The mibrella is intriguing, but I guess it didn't catch on.

I can only find one place that sells it: Mibrella at TGW, but it is too expensive at $80.

Don't try to make me look like an idiot.

Back