golf newbie from the high desert

water34

Reaction score
Handicap
My wife and I bought a 3.5 acre horse ranch in the Tehachapi Mountains in Ca. 8 years ago. I retired 4 years ago and we moved there full time from the San Francisco/Bay Area. The housing development we live in has a golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool, etc. as part of the amenities. The first part of my retirement I was installing irrigation pipes, landscaping, and mostly working on the property. One day my neighbor talks me into playing golf. Bingo! I'm hooked. I've been playing for about a year and a half and just love the game. Not just playing on the course but I enjoy going to the range and working on my game. I play 2-3 times a week and I'm at the range 2 times a week.
I'm now an official golf addict and to quote Kramer," Jerry, I'm lovin' it".::clapp:
By the way, can somebody tell me how I can list what's in my bag and with the manufacturer's trademark style name in front of each club?

Hey, welcome to THP! I'm also high desert, live in Palmdale, work at Edwards AFB. You have to have 10 posts to add your signature, it should be under your user settings page. The trademarks are in the smilies window, all the way on the bottom.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to THP, water!

Welcome to THP.

Hey, welcome to THP! I'm also high desert, live in Palmdale, work at Edwards AFB. You have to have 10 posts to add your signature, it should be under your user settings page. The trademarks are in the smilies window, all the way on the bottom.

Thanks, sacul1573. I'm testing my new signature. I've played at Rancho Vista a few times. Nice course. When I'm not playing at my home course I drop down to Cal City during the winter to chase the sun.

Last edited:
Welcome Water. Enjoy the site.

Hello and :welcome:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

welcome to thp water, glad to have you aboard, enjoy yourself and prepared to get addicted to something else golf related.

welcome aboard water!!

Hello, I am from the low desert-Arizona, the Phoenix area. I am a golf addict! I began last summer but hurt my back and rehabilitated for several months. I am ready to get out there again!

Welcome to THP, Goolfy!

Welcome to THP!

Back