Golf destinations (but not golf only)

MPlefty

Reaction score
Handicap
I am trying to plan a trip with my in laws, and my FiL and I want to play a round of golf or two, but still have plenty more to see outside of that with ou wifes, we are looking for destination sugestions.

we want to go outside of the continental North America, so we obviously thought about Hawai and Scotland. do you guys have any more suggestions? we are open to go pretty much anywhere, bonus points for an original destination we have not been to yet.

please, fire away with your ideas

Ireland would be awesome

Evian Resort in France. Might be fun.

Las Colinas in spain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats interesting, why Ireland over Scotland? I don't really know courses in Ireland

that's a pretty good idea, I'll look into it

Only reason I suggest it is because Mark crossfield and gang has done a view vlogs there and it’s beautiful. Looks to have plenty of nightlife and resort stuff to do for everyone too

any other suggestions? I'm thinking maybe New Zealand, or even Thailand, or Portugal, anyone has experience with any of those?

Only reason I suggest it is because Mark crossfield and gang has done a view vlogs there and it’s beautiful. Looks to have plenty of nightlife and resort stuff to do for everyone too

it looks fantastic, plus its right next to Madrid so we wouldn't need to stay on resort and have plenty of things to see

any other suggestions? I'm thinking maybe New Zealand, or even Thailand, or Portugal, anyone has experience with any of those?

New Zealand is on my bucket list, it’s beautiful. Definitely not your every day golf trip for us in the America’s.

Hawaii was the only place I've ever been where I actually preferred doing something other than golf on any given day. The beauty and fun that can be had on those islands is literally magical IMO.

Couldn't recommend New Zealand enough. The best trip of my life last year.

My wife and I drove both islands over a 3 week period and played 3 rounds of golf at some truly amazing courses.

Never been myself but friends have told me Portugal is an absolute gem for golf. They tell me its still one of the more affordable European vacations, the food and wine are great, golf is top notch. What else in life is there?

I don't think you could go wrong with any of the suggestions already provided. Find out where the best weather is and take off

SW Ireland is where you want to go for this type of plan.

Cliffs of Moher
Dingle Peninsula
Killarney National Park
Ring of Kerry

Lahinch
Ballybunion
Waterville
Tralee

Pick any two of those courses and you will have an incredible time.

Back