Golf Ball Free Agents

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Have always been curious the most played ball by pros who don’t have a ball contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be surprised if it isn’t Titleist. They seem to win the ball count most weeks and lots of players grew up playing the ball.

Titleist. Not sure what their tee up money is, but they have incentives for players to use their ball, if they win, etc. Can’t say I blame them either.

There are not a lot of free agent tour players for golf balls.

This is what I honestly figured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would imagine once they pick a ball they can easily get at least a little money from the manufacturer to rep it so no reason to be a free agent even if you pick whatever you want. Is that basically right?

I would imagine once they pick a ball they can easily get at least a little money from the manufacturer to rep it so no reason to be a free agent even if you pick whatever you want. Is that basically right?
I’m not sure I would say player selects ball and then gets paid in that order. Top players, yes.

I'm guessing Titleist signs them all so they can crow about being "the most played ball on Tour". Yeah, anybody else could be too, if they paid basically the whole Tour to play their balls.

I'm guessing Titleist signs them all so they can crow about being "the most played ball on Tour". Yeah, anybody else could be too, if they paid basically the whole Tour to play their balls.
They do have the largest staff, but that isn’t taking away from a solid product. Part of that is it is what these guys grew up playing.

Agree with JB in there are not a lot of free agents as most or all are paid to play a ball. By far most play Titleist. Obviously what they grew up playing for the most part and fir top players they say the ball is the hardest thing to change.

Other manufacturers could pay the pros that play Ping, Mizuno, etc to play their ball but a number of players like Kisner and Na play Callaway but use Titleist ball.

Back