Golf Bags for Travel (not travel covers)

bwhitley

Reaction score
I always ride when playing using a 'cart bag'. That style bag is a little bulky when travelling, loading 4 sets of clubs in the car trunk. Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a cart style bag (pockets in front) that isn't as big in diameter?

If you are dead set on a cart bag, Callaway has a “mini” cart bag. Org 14 Mini

I always ride when playing using a 'cart bag'. That style bag is a little bulky when travelling, loading 4 sets of clubs in the car trunk. Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a cart style bag (pockets in front) that isn't as big in diameter?
Callaway's new lineup dropped last week, and there were some options that could/should fit what you were looking for. Previous year's models on sale, and the 2024 stuff has tons of storage, lots of umprovements, and many good looking color options.

Callaway's new lineup dropped last week, and there were some options that could/should fit what you were looking for. Previous year's models on sale, and the 2024 stuff has tons of storage, lots of umprovements, and many good looking color options.

I have to second this! Just played yesterday and I have a Jeep Wrangler and my bag by far was the easiest and took up the least amount of space.

I don’t think you really need a cart bag. Most stand bags nowadays are built to use on a cart. You can access all of the pockets on my Fairway+ when it is strapped onto a cart.

I don’t think you really need a cart bag. Most stand bags nowadays are built to use on a cart. You can access all of the pockets on my Fairway+ when it is strapped onto a cart.
Plus the low rider 2.0 technology on the callaway fairway + series makes this as good stability wise on a cart bag as a cart bag without the bloated size.

I had a cart bag before the most recent bag. I personally felt like it was overkill and too large. If you want a high quality bag that goes on carts really well and does not budge like most stand bags... the new Fairway + from Callaway is an absolute beast of a bag! If you like the 14 way top... fairway 14 is the way to go!

I had a cart bag before the most recent bag. I personally felt like it was overkill and too large. If you want a high quality bag that goes on carts really well and does not budge like most stand bags... the new Fairway + from Callaway is an absolute beast of a bag! If you like the 14 way top... fairway 14 is the way to go!
^ I'd agree with that. I'm a longtime Sun Mountain user, but Callaway came out with some great bags this year and the Fairway+ or Fairway 14 would both hit the sweet spot you're looking for (depending on whether you prefer a 5-way or 14-way top). I've used the Fairway+ on both riding carts and push carts and it works great for both of them.

As others have recommended, the Fairway + is cart bag alternative that offers more versatility than a cart bag, but has plenty of storage with pockets in the front and isn't that large. I've also found it to be super stable on the cart so it's not going to move around a lot once its strapped in.

I've had pretty good luck with Sun Mountain through the years. I use a standard C-130 cart bag at home. When I travel and know I will be riding in a cart I have a C-130s stand bag. It's really good on a cart, pretty light and has the legs for the range/if you have to lug it across the fairway for an errant shot in a cart part only situation. If I'm traveling somewhere that's walking only and has caddies I take a 2.5+. It's light enough that the caddies won't dump all your stuff out and use a course bag. They will do that with a lot of standard stand bags......ask me how I know.

C-130s https://www.sunmountain.com/collections/golf-bags/products/c-130s
2.5+ https://www.sunmountain.com/collections/stand-and-carry-bags/products/2-5?variant=45188028170538

Back