Going to Quail Hollow

Lukey719

Reaction score
Handicap
My friend called me earlier today and asked me if I would like to like to go... Of course! :D I have been in years in the past and loved it. It's a really great course with a great field. I'm super stoked about going this year even though Tiger chickened out. Are there any other Hackers attending the Wells Fargo Championship?

I'm so jealous. I am going to be in Charlotte this weekend to visit the in-laws and couldn't get tickets.

Have fun. Looks like a great tournament to attend! The field is still
stacked top to bottom. You planning on following anyone in particular?

Have a blast man, I used to work at a few homes out that way, looking back I wish I was a golfer then. It's truly a beautiful place.

Edit, typo!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Have a good time.

LUCKY!

Awesome man, take lots of pics! That was epic during Masters week with the couple guys from THP there!

Have fun. Looks like a great tournament to attend! The field is still
stacked top to bottom. You planning on following anyone in particular?

Not as of yet Bigs. If i had to pick a few to follow it would either be Phil or Bubba. I love watching Bubba launch the ball off the tee. :D

LUCKY!

Awesome man, take lots of pics! That was epic during Masters week with the couple guys from THP there!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to take any pictures or not. They have been pretty strict in years past about electronic devices unfortunately. :banghead:

They are allowing phones this year so I'll see what kind of pictures I can take. I may try and sneak a camera on as well and see if I can get some good pictures for you guys. :D

I'm so pumped right now I can hardly stand it. I look forward to this every year and sitting in school is killing me :banghead:

My Day at Quail Hollow

My Day at Quail Hollow

Sorry for the delay, but I got home very late Saturday night and Mother's Day was spent with my well deserving mother, but here is how my Saturday at The Wells Fargo Championship went. :D

My friend and I woke up early Saturday morning to be sure and get to the course before the crowd showed up. We drove to one of the parking lots where they were shuttling people too and from the course and were on the shuttle by 8 O'clock. We arrived at Quail Hollow to find out that we were now very early thanks to about a hour and a half fog delay, so I took the time to reacquaint myself with the course and show my friend the good spots. After a while of walking and talking we headed to the merchandise tent where I scored a sweet Mother's Days present and picked up a little something for myself (Wells Fargo Championship putter cover). After blowing what little cash I had with me we headed to the range to watch the earlier players warming up and then headed to the 1st tee. Since this was my friends 1st PGA event he was a little surprised at all the energy at the 1st tee when a golfer's name was called to tee off. We watched the 1st two or three groups head of the tee before walking down to the very active left side of hole 1. The very 1st group we watch from this spot was Jim Furyk and Anthony Kim and they didn't disappoint. AK managed to hook one right over our heads and of course we rushed over to his ball to get a good view of his next shot, which he hooked perfectly around a big tree onto the green. We waited around there for a while and then moved behind the green near the players walkway. We waited there for about 8 groups waiting on the 1st big group of the day Bubba Watson and Rickie Fowler. This group was very fun to watch, they are both very lively players. Bubba smacked Rickie in the back of the head after making his birdie and they both laughed and then Rickie proceeded to give every person a high five on the way to the 2nd tee. I love seeing golfers interact with the crowd like that. After they passed my friend and I went back toward the driving range to get some Bojangles for lunch and sat at the range while we were eating (Prices=:banghead:). We then headed to hole number 5 where the best part of the day happened. We anticipated Phil being on that hole so we came about 3 groups early to get a decent seat and boy did it pay off. Phil faded his ball right into the crowd where his ball hit the lady's chair sitting next to me and tapped my friends leg. We all jumped up quickly and the marshals were there instantaneously pushing us back from his ball. We all backed up a bit, but no one really wanted to get too far from the action. Phil and his caddy walked up and Phil asked if everyone was okay and we all laughed and cheered a little for him. I texted my dad and told him Phil just hit my friend so he jumped on the TV and DVRed it for me and when I got home that night sure enough there we were about 6 feet behind Phil Mickelson himself (I'll try and post a picture soon). After this excitement we then walked over to possibly the most daunting hole of the course the par 3 17th. The pin was then tucked over on the left side of the green closest to the water. A few players were gutsy enough to go at the pin, but most chose the center of the green as their play. After sitting there a while we then decided it was time to leave, unfortunately I had made dinner plans before I knew I was going to attend Saturday. It was an amazing experience overall and I look forward to this every year. An amazing course with a great field of very talented players never disappoints.

I'm the one in the white hat, red shirt, behind the big guy in the light green shirt. You can see my head barely haha :banana:
Click the Picture for a closer view.
View attachment 2480

Back