GEL Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It's definitely an option if my putter decides to quit pulling its weight and I gotta hire a new putter.

I thought about testing one of these out but after searching around my local shops I was unable to track any down... just my luck right?

Too rich for my blood, the line THP reviewed. If I was paying that much it would be a Scotty.

remember to always keep your eyes open for new putters, scotty cameron makes great clubs and I own a few myself but they are not the end all be all of putters

for a few more dollars (100 or so) you can check out TP Mills and Bettinardi Putters and you'll be getting a handmade/handstamped putter. There are also several other putter makers such as Byron Putters, George Palombi, C&L putters, Machine Putters that make quality products. They just require a bit more research and time.

Yeah I know there are a lot of good putters out there, for $100 or less. Yesterday I saw some TM Daytona's(I think) for $79.00. I also found a Cameron used for $149. I will pick up something this winter just haven't figured out which one yet.

I just keep thinking it's not the vehicle it's the nut behind the wheel. I mean it still rolls the ball in the hole when I put a good stroke on it and have the correct read.

• Admin
For testing purposes, both these and the Rife blew away the SC. The Scotty was 2nd to last in front of my Odyssey. The Ping was above it.

I want my hands on this... Rife Abaco Mid Mallet

eqil01_gd0812rife1.jpg

abaco1.png

Too rich for my blood, the line THP reviewed. If I was paying that much it would be a Scotty.

Agreed on the price. I definitely wouldn't pay MSRP for it. I'd find a lot better price before I pulled the trigger on that purchase. But I'd still consider the putter, based on the review.

These two just got picked up by UPS to head back to the company. However they are sending a couple of Original series GEL putters to us, and of course we will be giving them away here.

Back