for all Canadian golfers

nicedivot

strangers in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
5 - 10
Is it just me or golftown web site does not display any cleveland driver? Does this mean that golftown is NOT carrying cleveland anymore? :angry:

They are probably just out of stock of last years model. I talked to a Cleveland Rep in Golftown just the other day so I'm sure there is nothing to worry about.

I would guess they are just out of stock!

They've been working on the site a lot recently. Talked to a guy Monday and he said that the reason for it is they're waiting to complete it once most of the new stuff is officially released, so over the next week or two we should start seeing the full lineup for this year from most companies.

Not sure about the web site, I was in my local GT last week and hit a Classic...all the displays were there, and a few guys I know who work there didn't mention anything. Just coincidence, I think.

There will be a lot of changes happening soon. On the web site and in stores.

HQ closed down and are moving into Texas.

There will be a lot of changes happening soon. On the web site and in stores.

HQ closed down and are moving into Texas.

I hope so. I'm not a big fan of going into the stores around here.

I hope so. I'm not a big fan of going into the stores around here.

I don't think they will be good changes.

I think Golftown will focus on expanding south of the boarder and all their efforts will be in that. Also their web operations and online ordering will now be out of the US.

I don't think they will be good changes.

I think Golftown will focus on expanding south of the boarder and all their efforts will be in that. Also their web operations and online ordering will now be out of the US.

At first thought this upsets me, but once I really think about it I realize that I don't every purchase off their website anyways. Unless they are having an in-store sale, the prices are just not competitive with what's out there.

At first thought this upsets me, but once I really think about it I realize that I don't every purchase off their website anyways. Unless they are having an in-store sale, the prices are just not competitive with what's out there.
it kinda upsets me because it sounds like they will be treating Canadian golfers as 2nd rated. Ok we are 2nd rated due to smaller market size.... but whatever happened to "Customers are kings" ???

I think the website is having bugs across the board. There are a ton of things I can't find. I know I'm going in to mine in Kanata Saturday for a new driver (Hoping for big things from Covert, but gonna be open minded), and it annoys me that our money is near par and we still pay significantly more for clubs than in the states. Really think it costs more to ship to Canada than the states from s/e asia? Not likely. Only reason I'll be getting a New driver is because of the the 75 dollar trade in bonus. Without it I'd wait till in Buffalo this summer or not bother and get a demo next winter. Daily deals are gone too, and have been for awhile. Loved those.

oh those daily deals. it was good to get a hands on for last year models... missed a few due to not checking daily during that time.
golftown here finally got cleveland classic XL driver which I tried earlier today (and posted my feedback in that thread)

I noticed the daily deals are not there anymore. It's too bad about them moving to Texas.

GolfTown needs some serious compeition we have such limited choices and I find because of that they don't care about the consumer.

GolfTown needs some serious compeition we have such limited choices and I find because of that they don't care about the consumer.
I don't know how it is other areas but Golftown killed the competition. when they started popping up, other golf stores (granted they were small ones) closed down and only one that stayed around (for about 8 more years since gofltown appeared but also closed eventually) was a store that sold knock-off sets (not fake ones) and used clubs

Last edited:
Hey there guys! Checking out Golf Town site today and "Daily Deal" is back. Like what was said here earlier, about where's the Cleveland stuff? Most of the new stuff is online and the grip section is loaded.

I am in Ottawa as well and I see 2 Cleveland drivers on golf town web site.Classic XL custom driver at 349 and classic xl driver at 269.
The razor fit extreme and x hot drivers they are giving you 75 off for your driver plus 50 Off I believe for you 3 wood trade in+ the value of your trade in.
The razor fit if you buy it at 329 they give you the3 wood free.Most of the other drivers are at full price.
Golf town said they are charged duty or import tax which jumps the Canadian prices when they get the clubs shipped in.
With the 125 off the razor fit extreme and x hot drivers and 3 wood I think it's cheaper to buy it here in Canada.

Back