Footjoy Superlite vs Pro SL

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody tried both and what did you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both. And like both quite a bit. The super lites are very light and comfortable. The SL’s have a slightly firmer footbed which I like. I seem to wear the superlites more on flat courses and SLs more on hilly courses. The reason, the superlites top section seems to allow more foot movement in the shoes. And, on hills, my feet seem to move around more in the superlites. Hence, the firmer top section of the SLs grip my feet better on hills. Have not had a grip problem on wet grass and both shoes keep my feet dry through the slop. Both shoes seem to allow my feet to breathe in really hot weather. And of course the superlites are on sale now at half the price of the SLs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have both. And like both quite a bit. The super lites are very light and comfortable. The SL’s have a slightly firmer footbed which I like. I seem to wear the superlites more on flat courses and SLs more on hilly courses. The reason, the superlites top section seems to allow more foot movement in the shoes. And, on hills, my feet seem to move around more in the superlites. Hence, the firmer top section of the SLs grip my feet better on hills. Have not had a grip problem on wet grass and both shoes keep my feet dry through the slop. Both shoes seem to allow my feet to breathe in really hot weather. And of course the superlites are on sale now at half the price of the SLs.

If you had to pick 1 which would it be? Flatter course

If you had to pick 1 which would it be? Flatter course

At under a C-note at several places, I’d pick the superlites. Several colors. Can wear from home incase I have stops on the way to or from the course. Feet still feel good after 18 holes and my feet stay dry even in sloppy stuff. Also clean up well.

I prefer the Pro SLs, tried on both, but have only worn the SLs

I don't have first hand experience with either, but my kids has been through 2 pairs of the Superlites and from what I've seen of the Pro SL in stores, I'd go with them every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

The Pro SL's are plush. Love 'em...

Back