Florida 2013 (First round of golf in the US ever)

paintitblack85

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey folks

since i'm back in switzerland since yesterday and already miss the weather of florida i thought i could upload some pictures of my first two rounds of golf in the united states ever. I stayed in cape coral FL for two weeks with my whole family. since i only had two mornings free for golf i played two near municipal courses in the area. i played the coral oaks course in cape coral and the eagle ridge golf course in ft. myers.
the first round i played in a threesome with two nice retired guys. we really had a great time even though i played horrible ;). the second round on the eagle ridge course i played a nice twosome with a guy from chicago. all the people on the golf course were really friendly and nice. since i never played golf in the us before i needed some help about getting a tee time and some rental clubs. but they helped me out and were always friendly. hope i can return as soon as possible to play more great golf courses in the US.

here some of the pictures i took: (sorry for my bad english)

IMG_0732.jpgSAM_0169.jpgSAM_0168.jpgSAM_0162.jpgSAM_0159.jpgSAM_0158.jpgSAM_0156.jpgSAM_0015.jpgSAM_0013.jpgSAM_0172.jpg

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
How'd you like the courses? The warm air had to feel nice!

Glad to hear the US treated you well andyou enjoyed the golf courses.

How'd you like the courses? The warm air had to feel nice!

I really liked the coral oaks course. But i also think that there are way nicer courses in the area. But since i don't wanted to spend to much money on golf for this holidays i only played this well priced municipal courses. Next time i traver to the us i'll try to play some championship courses too. but it was very nice for the first time. was a strange experience playing with carts since we don't have those in switzerland.

Looks like you had some decent rental clubs. I rented before and they gave me some old hogan blades and a 280cc driver.

Glad you ran into some friendly people!

Looks like you had some decent rental clubs. I rented before and they gave me some old hogan blades and a 280cc drier.

Glad you ran into some friendly people!

the first one were some horrible wilson clubs. but ok for one round. for the second round they even hat a new set ob taylormade rbz clubs.

I've been twice to Florida to play golf, and I have to say, it's a blast! I'm happy for you doing the trip!!

Those are great pics! Glad you got to see an alligator!

I went ahead and embedded your photos into the post!

Cool photos and story, thanks for sharing!

Glad that you enjoyed the experience playing here....even while using a cart! :D

It sounds like you had fun in your two rounds. Thank you for telling us. I hope you get to return soon.

Glad you enjoyed the trip. What did you think about the gator? I remember growing up in the north and moving to FL in high school I was always freaked out when I saw gators in the wild.

Glad you enjoyed the trip. What did you think about the gator? I remember growing up in the north and moving to FL in high school I was always freaked out when I saw gators in the wild.

Since i have been to florida already 2 years before i have seen some gators but only on an airboat tour. Never seen one so close. I must admit that i was a bit scared when i saw him on the course ;) at least i didn't see any snakes ;)

Great hearing the States treated you well. Should definitely go for a spot in the Ultimate Weekend.

Dan

Back