Recipe Firecracker Ground Beef

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
This is one of those recipes that sounds kind of weird, but tastes amazing! When I made it I used ground bison, Swerve brown sugar substitute, and Buffalo Wild Wings medium buffalo wing sauce for the buffalo sauce. I just served mine over rice, but you can do a lot with this like lettuce wraps, wonton cups, tacos, a salad, noodles, stir fry, whatever you would like.

firecracker-ground-beef-768x915.jpg

Recipe and picture from https://masonfit.com/firecracker-ground-beef/
Yields: 4 Servings

Ingredients
  • 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil or Chili Oil
  • 1 pound Ground Beef
  • 1/2 cup (96g) Dark Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 cup (60g) Buffalo Sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons (30g) Rice Vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
  • 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Instructions
  1. Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
  2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and brown both sides of the ground beef for 1-2 minutes per side. Break apart and fully cook.
  3. Pour the sauce over the cooked ground beef and stir everything together. Leave untouched for 30-60 seconds until the sauce begins to caramelize on the bottom of the pan. Stir and continue until the beef is coated in the sauce and you start to see crispy bits.
  4. Serve over rice or noodles with scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
Nutrition Information:
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: about 4 oz
Amount Per Serving with regular brown sugar: CALORIES: 240TOTAL FAT: 6gCARBOHYDRATES: 24gPROTEIN: 21g

This recipe sounded great on WGP
Will definitely want to give this one a try

Oh, this looks so good! :love:

Yep, I’ll be trying this.

• Admin
This is a must try, it's seriously so good. It's really well balanced with the heat, sweet, vinegar, savory, it's just delicious.

This is a must try, it's seriously so good. It's really well balanced with the heat, sweet, vinegar, savory, it's just delicious.
This one is next on my list!

I'm gonna give this one a go. Love the spicy/sweet combo.

Made this tonight, still delicious. I added edamame and served it over miracle noodles, and then topped with just a tiny bit of siracha mayo, so good.

Made this tonight, still delicious. I added edamame and served it over miracle noodles, and then topped with just a tiny bit of siracha mayo, so good.
It's on the menu for tomorrow night for us!

Back