Electronic Cart Comparison: Alphard V2 vs Bagboy Volt

9woodt

Reaction score
My first post here, sorry if it's not perfect but I know a lot of people are wondering which electronic cart to get.

I've had the V2 from the beginning (in fact, since it came out on IndieGogo). While I've been in love with it from day one, I decided to try a compact "all in one" that led me to the BagBoy Volt. After watching my friends with their MGIs, BatCaddys, and CaddyTreks constantly tip over, I was hoping the wider wheelbase on the Volt would avoid that humility.

Stability: The Volt in comparison to the aforementioned products is pretty good, it cannot come anywhere close the the V2 - which is a low-slung, wide-wheelbase tank that is almost impossible to tip over no matter what you run over.

Winner: V2

Hills: The Volt has a serious problem going up hills. It just doesn't get enough speed and tends to just stall or, worse, turn back down the hill.

Speed: The Volt boasts about having nine gears, but in my experience, even the fastest gear isn't as quick as the V2. Imagine having a nine-speed Ferrari, but none of the gears go faster than a regular car's third gear. Then again, is speed really that important? So long as it moves along faster than you can walk, that's all you need.

Range: Like speed, range for me doesn't really matter. What's the point of sending your cart 150 yards ahead? Especially an unstable one like the Volt. It's much better to keep it near you so you can see (and avoid) all the perils that could cause a tipover. The only time that range matters is when there's a giant hill you don't want to walk up, so you hitch a ride in your buddy's cart. The V2, with 80 yards of range, means you can't just fly ahead to your ball - you need to keep it in range behind you. Not a big deal though, because how many times are you going to hitch a ride?

Winner: Volt

Assembly: There's no question that the Volt is easier to assemble and break down. I would say it's about 1/3 of the time of the V2. Then again, the V2 takes me all of 2-3 minutes, so how much time am I really saving?

Winner: Volt

Storage: Here's the only benefit of the Volt that I can see - it takes up half the space as the V2 because it's an all-in-one.

Summary: If you want a better ride (doesn't tip over) at half the price, get the V2. If storage is everything, get the BagBoy Volt.

I own the V2, and I really like it, but I think your review may be a bit simplistic. There are a lot of variables that people have. Personally I only purchased the V2 because I did not want a pushcart laying around (that I already owned), wasting space in the garage. I think that is the most important part of all this. And you may (or may not) be considering that cost - pushcart cost in the overall comparison.

Personally, I am at a phase of my life where I want easy, hassle free set up, use and storage. Now, this may (or again, may not) be the Volt, but it will be at the top of my list when I am again in the market for an electric cart.

Doesn't the cart you attach the alphard too have a big part in many of the things you are comparing it to on the volt? If you attach it to a 4 wheel cart it would be more stable than a 3 wheel cart right?

What cart do you have it attached to, and what was the cost for said cart? As that will play into it to make a more apples to apples comparison.

I own the V2, and I really like it, but I think your review may be a bit simplistic. There are a lot of variables that people have. Personally I only purchased the V2 because I did not want a pushcart laying around (that I already owned), wasting space in the garage. I think that is the most important part of all this. And you may (or may not) be considering that cost - pushcart cost in the overall comparison.

Personally, I am at a phase of my life where I want easy, hassle free set up, use and storage. Now, this may (or again, may not) be the Volt, but it will be at the top of my list when I am again in the market for an electric cart.
The Alphard OmniCart (which includes a cart and the motor) is $900 all-in. In comparison, the Volt is $1,500. That's a substantial savings. If you're looking for a hassle-free setup and easy storage, 100% get the Volt.

Doesn't the cart you attach the alphard too have a big part in many of the things you are comparing it to on the volt? If you attach it to a 4 wheel cart it would be more stable than a 3 wheel cart right?

What cart do you have it attached to, and what was the cost for said cart? As that will play into it to make a more apples to apples comparison.
For me, there's no point in having a four-wheel cart. The swivel is everything. I know there's an option to have a four-wheel swivel, but it's not nearly as nimble as a three-wheel cart. I have the Rovic RS1 (three-wheel). That being said, my V2 (on three wheels) is like a tank. It's VERY stable. It's the Volt that isn't stable.

Finally, I'll say it again: Since there's no point in having ANY cart more than ten yards ahead of you, there's no need to worry about stability. Put the Volt at walking speed, keep it close to you, and keep an eye on it - it's not going to tip over. It's only when you send the Volt flying way ahead of you that you'll have a tipping issue. Considering this, Volt would be the clear winner since all things now being equal, storage and setup are the winners.

After an additional two weeks of testing on a nearly everyday basis, I can assuredly say that the Volt is a piece of garbage. DO NOT buy it.

* Will not go up hills.
* No torque/power.
* Gyroscope useless, it will never keep a straight line.
* Turning is a joke.
* Unless you're three feet away, be prepared for it to tip over on the slightest bump in the road.
* Battery goes down to one bar after 18 holes (V2 could go 36 holes, easy).

Will be returning this immediately. It's really unbelievable that a big company like BagBoy released such a shoddy product. Stay away, far away.

After an additional two weeks of testing on a nearly everyday basis, I can assuredly say that the Volt is a piece of garbage. DO NOT buy it.

* Will not go up hills.
* No torque/power.
* Turning is a joke.
* Unless you're three feet away, be prepared for it to tip over on the slightest bump in the road.

Will be returning this immediately. It's really unbelievable that a big company like BagBoy released such a shoddy product. Stay away, far away.
Wow!, didn't see that coming.

* Will not go up hills.
* No torque/power.
* Turning is a joke.

First really negative review I’ve read here. Do you mind sharing your experiences over in the other thread? I’ve only been following that one and although there are some slight negatives mentioned, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone blast the cart as being that bad. There’s some good discussion in that thread. Sorry to hear you had such a poor experience. I pulled the trigger on one recently and have not received it yet but your review is making me a bit nervous.

I’m coming from the V2 to the Volt, and really like the Volt. The Volt is worse on bumpy terrain and on going up hills, but it’s not that bad, just sometimes needs guided by hand when taking off. In my experience I am only losing 1 bar on 9 holes on a hilly course vs losing 2 for the V2. Tracking with the gyro is 10x better on my Volt vs the V2. I can actually see the Volt correcting its path, where the V2 would constantly veer off small hills for me. Another big difference is that the Volt runs smoother and doesn’t make the electrical noise that V2 units tend to do. Couple the easier assembly and smaller package, and I’m much happier with the Volt than I was with the V2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back