Recipe Egg White Everything Bites

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I have been making this just about every week and have posted about these in another egg bite thread, but wanted to put up the recipe specific to these ones. I have changed this up a ton of different ways, including today where I made them with precooked chicken breakfast sausage instead of bacon and some tomatoes because I had them on hand. I have done it with chicken bacon, turkey bacon, chives, spinach, you can really make it your own.

Warning - heavily grease your muffin tin, these will stick!

Egg White Everything Bites​

egg-white-everything-bites-2-720x960.jpg
Serving Size: 3, Recipe from https://jordosworld.com/egg-white-everything-bites/

Ingredients​

• 1.5 cups egg whites 368 g
  • 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese 228 g
  • ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese 28 g
  • 4 pieces bacon cooked & chopped (30 g)
  • 1.5 tsp everything but the bagel seasoning

Instructions​

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Spray muffin tin really well and set aside.
  3. In a blender, add 1.5 cups egg whites and 1 cup cottage cheese together. Blend well.
  4. Evenly distribute the blended mixture into muffin tin.
  5. Sprinkle shredded cheese over each bite.
  6. Chop the 4 pieces of cooked bacon. Sprinkle bacon pieces evenly over each bite.
  7. Sprinkle about ⅛ tsp of everything but the bagel seasoning on each bite.
  8. Fill a baking dish with water and place in the oven.
  9. Add the muffin tin to the oven.
  10. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
  11. Let the egg white bites cool before removing from the tin. (This will help them set.)
  12. Enjoy!

Notes​

1 serving size is 4 bites.

Nutrition​

Serving: 4bites | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.2g | Protein: 28.2g | Fat: 5.9g

Now THESE look delightful.

(Plus, I ❤️everything bagel seasoning)

Do you use the egg whites only to health it up or did you find using it with the yolks created something else from a taste or texture that you were not looking for?

Same - I'm always looking for more things to put my Trader Joe's everything bagel seasoning on.

• Admin

They are SO good! I normally hate eggs and need to cover them in something to make them edible, but these don't need anything.
Do you use the egg whites only to health it up or did you find using it with the yolks created something else from a taste or texture that you were not looking for?
I was looking for a higher protein, lower calorie, lower fat option because right now my nutrition coach has me on a lower fat macro breakdown and this fit it perfectly. you could definitely use whole eggs if you want, but obviously the nutritional information will be very different.

I could eat a whole pan of these..

Making a bunch of these to have this week for breakfast! Have been needing something easy to grab and go in the morning.

They turned out great! Had to keep them in the oven about 20 extra minutes to get the bottoms to set a bit better. Delicious!

IMG_2185.jpeg

They turned out great! Had to keep them in the oven about 20 extra minutes to get the bottoms to set a bit better. Delicious!

View attachment 9217654
I'm so glad you liked them. I just finished the last of mine this morning. I will most likely make a different variation this week as well. I like them as an afternoon snack too.

I'm so glad you liked them. I just finished the last of mine this morning. I will most likely make a different variation this week as well. I like them as an afternoon snack too.
I did the egg whites, lactose free cottage cheese, crumbled turkey sausage and everything seasoning (skipped the cheese).

So simple, and so good! Couldnt stop my daughter from trying to eat them all.

Mine came out to 45cal each, 7g protein, 1g carbs, 1.5g fat.

How did I miss this? These look amazing!

These are so good! Wife whipped them up today.

These are so good! Wife whipped them up today.
My daughter reminded me yesterday afternoon that we were out, so I made a couple batches last night.

So simple, and delicious. Went with a batch with turkey sausage w/o cheese, and a batch with regular bacon w/ shredded cheese mixed in for the kids.

View attachment 9217654
I'm sure you know - but you could also try turning the oven down and cooking longer so they don't overcook on the top and still set on the bottom.

I assume you're both not over crowding the oven and that your airflow is acceptable. When bottoms don't set well it's frustrating.

I'm sure you know - but you could also try turning the oven down and cooking longer so they don't overcook on the top and still set on the bottom.

I assume you're both not over crowding the oven and that your airflow is acceptable. When bottoms don't set well it's frustrating.
Two muffin pans in the oven, that's it. I think it's the cottage cheese blend that makes them a bit bottom heavy causing them a longer cook time? I bake them for 20 minutes, then top with foil and turn the oven down a bit. Last night they set perfectly.

IMG_1334.jpeg

My turn to make these. 8 eggs made 23 of them. Only half with the everything seasoning to see what the wife thinks about them.

I need to get in on these, maybe I’ll give them a shot next week. They look delicious

Need to try these without bacon or maybe with sausage. Even with making the bacon crispy it lost its crispiness the next day.

On the flip side these are so good, easy to make and reheat.

I wish I had seen this yesterday. Instead of 2, then 4 different breakfasts for the 2 ravenous grandsons, maybe this would’ve fit the bill.

I need to get in on these, maybe I’ll give them a shot next week. They look delicious
They are.

I made half plain for the wife and kids who don’t always love the extra and they all liked the ones with everything seasoning better.

It adds so much to the recipe, without it they are just a very bland egg bake.

Need to try these without bacon or maybe with sausage. Even with making the bacon crispy it lost its crispiness the next day.

I did it with sausage crumbles from my egg roll in a bowl leftover. It was very well seasoned.

Go with this
1699797998074.jpeg

Back