Driver Shaft Help

leftyrighty

Reaction score
Handicap
So I am beginning to think I have a driver shaft problem. I have a slightly in to out swing path for the most part and a face open to that. No matter what I do to try and close the face I can't get it closed or squared up to the path more.

I have hit driver pretty bad all season and I don't remember it being this bad. I have swing speed that is 110-113 mph and I am currently playing the Callaway Mavrik SubZero. I have an older driver shaft that is the Diamana D+Plus in the 60x. Not sure why I have this shaft I just do. I live 2 hours away from a fitting place that would have a lot of shafts for me to try in my driver head. I will drive that far to get fit but at places like Club Champion I know they would prefer to sell me a whole new driver and not just help me fit my shaft a little better.

Low spin, low launch has always seemed to work for me but with this shaft I can't get the face to square up at all. I have done a little reading and since my ball starts straight or right going right it could be that the tip is too stiff. Thoughts?

Looking for some help on potential suggestions on something that "might" help me square it up. I say might because I know it will be a guess.

May not be a shaft problem - could be simple as ball position -- try moving it forward about 2-3 inches.. see what happens???:unsure::unsure:

May not be a shaft problem - could be simple as ball position -- try moving it forward about 2-3 inches.. see what happens???:unsure::unsure:

That would almost be in front of my front foot or actually in front of it

I also bring this up because with my irons I hit a slight draw or my miss is an overdraw. Driver is consistently straight going right or right going right. It is really kind of wrecking my game

I’ve done that before , had the ball 100 mm forward of left foot . Does promote + AOA. And as I played cricket , was like playing balls where the bat follows through the line of the ball - the club held straight path longer . Good luck with your evolving issue)

That would almost be in front of my front foot or actually in front of it

Like I say - see what happens?? I know several low handicappers hit it long and swing speed above 100 -- the ball is left of the front foot just cuz of their swing style.. it works for them. I was just curious what would happen to your ball flight if you tried this.

Try strengthening your left hand grip. Move the grip end of the shaft towards your inside left leg, THEN take your grip.

Have you FLO'd the shaft.. I believe this is pretty important for having the shaft bend in the correct launch position at ball impact.

This is like asking how many gum balls are in a jar without showing us the gum balls or the jar ;) Just playing the odds, if you didn’t have this problem with the same driver and shaft before, my money would be on a swing issue vs shaft issue. I’d start with a quick 30 minute lesson with a local pro to at least get a 2nd opinion. Probably get a better answer and spend a lot less than you would trying random shafts. That said, if you wanted to try a different shaft to fix that problem you might start with a lighter shaft and not even worry about bend profiles. For most that’ll make a much bigger difference.

Back