Do you take your dog to the dog park?

badolds

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 est.
I do not have a full time dog but my son's dog stays with us a lot. He lives in an apartment so he drops her off at our house so she can enjoy the backyard during the day. We have been taking her to the off the leash dog park and it's been a very enjoyable experience. Seeing her interactions with the other dogs is hilarious and we walk two miles while she frolics around.

20231117_074846.jpg

Callie May is ready to go right now. Do you do take your pup to the park?

Our town's dog park has a bad reputation for a few bad actors - two legs and four - who ruin it for everybody else, so we have not gone. But we would love to.

Our previous small dog used to be intimidated by the bigger dogs and didn’t seem to enjoy it. There isn’t a dog park near our new home, but I’d like to see how our even smaller new dog would do. He’s a pretty rambunctious puppy

We don't have any dog parks near me. But I live kind of out in the country, so I have plenty of places for Coco to run around. She likes to chase birds, turkey, & deer. And obviously play fetch with whatever she can find .... including water bottles.

Coco.jpg

When we lived downtown in a condo, we would frequent a local dog park. Now that we live in the suburbs with a large backyard, we don't. Our dog loves running around in the yard and barking at the neighbors' dogs.

We used to go but stopped because one of our dogs loves it, the other one absolutely hates it. We found that the two of them enjoy it more just going to a baseball field chasing each other and me around there. Don’t have to deal with the bad apples (2 or 4 legs) when we’re alone there either.

my buddy isn't well behaved enough to take him off a leash unfortunately.

Yes. Our Frenchie has to have a good 30-60 minutes of running around. A walk doesn’t cut it for him. Needs to chase other dogs around and play some fetch.

Frank the English is fine with a short walk.

Did once and he was attacked by some fools large mongrel, so we've never been back.

Back