Do you do Parent/Child yearly adventures/trips?

leftygolfermn

Big things expected in 2024!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Last year my son and I started a tradition where we are going to go to an away MN Vikings football game each season. He was turning 9 and thought it was a good age to start this. We chose Miami for some fun and sun and the Vikes walked away with the W
IMG_7837.jpeg

IMG_7905.jpeg

This year we are headed to Green Bay this coming weekend. Weather looks to be lower 40’s but will be an adventure for sure! It’s fun getting away and attending something we both have a passion for.

Do any of you guys do yearly trips with your children?

This year we are headed to Green Bay this coming weekend. Weather looks to be lower 40’s but will be an adventure for sure! It’s fun getting away and attending something we both have a passion for.

you'll love Lambeau Field, and you picked a good year since i bet there will be a lot of Purple in the building and odds are strong for a Vikings win. i brought my son to his first game last year, and he's been asking for the return trip ever since. bring something like a blanket to sit on - the metal benches will be cold and wet with the iffy weather this weekend.

our non-golf tradition is an early summer trip to Ontario. such a great getaway!

ls1.jpgls2.jpg

you'll love Lambeau Field, and you picked a good year since i bet there will be a lot of Purple in the building and odds are strong for a Vikings win. i brought my son to his first game last year, and he's been asking for the return trip ever since. bring something like a blanket to sit on - the metal benches will be cold and wet with the iffy weather this weekend.

our non-golf tradition is an early summer trip to Ontario. such a great getaway!

View attachment 9216222View attachment 9216223
Looks like an awesome tradition. We are definitely excited and hoping the Purple can stay focused on getting the W 😂

We do! Baseball parks. At least one new one each year. Last year we did the Nationals and Phillies. We have 12 in the books already

For last years Christmas present I took my son to the Ravens home opener in Baltimore.

He doesn't know it but this will be our new yearly thing, just a couple of fellas going to Baltimore for the weekend.

We do! Baseball parks. At least one new one each year. Last year we did the Nationals and Phillies. We have 12 in the books already
Awesome! That is a fun one for sure! You’ll have to get to Target Field here in MN if you haven’t yet!

Great tradition. My daughter and i take an annual trip to Toronto for a Raptors game. Spend the day in Toronto ( great city ) some shopping dinner and then a game. Love it.
That’s awesome.

For last years Christmas present I took my son to the Ravens home opener in Baltimore.

He doesn't know it but this will be our new yearly thing, just a couple of fellas going to Baltimore for the weekend.
Fun! Nothing better than watching some football with your son!

Now that all three are in school we have started this, it also helps that the school encourages these trips as a key part of learning!

Awesome! That is a fun one for sure! You’ll have to get to Target Field here in MN if you haven’t yet!
Haven't been to that one yet. We have so far been knocking off the ones that are close together that we can hit multiple ones in each trip. Target will most likely be a one shot deal

Last year my son and I started a tradition where we are going to go to an away MN Vikings football game each season. He was turning 9 and thought it was a good age to start this. We chose Miami for some fun and sun and the Vikes walked away with the W
View attachment 9216217

View attachment 9216218

We do trips but not individually. But last few years the three of us take lessons and do an annual golf trip together

From when my kids were 8 and 9 we did a bunch of things built around water skiing including going to a camp each summer. That grew into going to several tournaments each summer which was just me and my son as my daughter wasn't as into it anymore.

When my son hit high school he decided to focus on playing lacrosse in college and we went to a bunch of lacrosse tournaments every summer.

As a result of all this stuff I spent a ton of time on trips with my son in the car, eating meals etc. I think it helped keep a great relationship with him through college. Now that he is out of college and likes golf we take golf adventures together. It has been awesome and keeps us well connected.

We don't do big trips like that, but we do activities that are local, zoos, museums, etc and the wife and I split the girls so we each get 1 on 1 time with them rotating so they each get center attention during their time.

Each year for the last four years I have driven with my daughter to and from Florida and upstate NY. We stopped each year in Gettysburg to spend time touring the battlefield there. Also, we have gone to St. Augustine. I'm not sure if we'll need to do these trips anymore but I enjoyed the time we spent doing this.

We did annual trips when the kids were younger - Disney a few times, a cruise, DC, stuff like that. The past 3-4 summers they've been busy working or interning so we haven't done much lately.

Absolutely, we have a few little traditions.

One is that we go someplace new each year to tour Christmas lights, another is that we take a yearly family trip with the whole extended family (2024 is Florida - so watch out my FL friends).

me and my dad usually do a Parent Child golf tournament every year

IMG_1027.jpegWhat a day, weather was actually pretty pleasant and we got the W. Lost our QB tho 😭

PXL_20231001_170724193.jpg
I am lucky my 2 daughters still like being around me.
We went to 4 concerts this summer.
Any time with your kids is a blessing!!

Earlier this summer we rented a house boat for a week. This was on Lake Mohave.

We had our two Daughters, their husbands, and 6 Grand Kids. Plus 3 husband/wives of our Grand kids. 16 people counting 1 youngster who just wanted to tag along.

It was a fun week for all. A rebonding of family. Short of causing personal injury to others, there were no rules to speak of. Most nights were party nights. Luckily there were two ends of the boat.

Day time was full of swimming and shore line hikes.

Yes there was some fishing. We had catfish dinners a few nights. Best part was the youngster who just wanted to tag a long. His first fish he ever caught was 18 lb striped bass. It was also his first catch, and release.

Our Daughters are working on another such trip for next year. Toughest part is getting everyone's schedules to work out.

Back