Disney Cruise with Grand Kids

Jeanthemachine

Earl of Limerick
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.7
Wondering if anyone here has taken a Disney Cruise. I have one Caribbean cruise under my belt and I am not a big fan but, to celebrate a couple of significant birthdays we are planning to take the family on a three day cruise with Disney to the Bahamas.

Does anyone have advice or concerns about such a trip?

We took this trip a number of years ago with our kids. It was fantastic, there is a ton of things to keep the kids entertained, and plenty for the adults too. Disney does it first class normally and the cruise was no exception.

I went on a normal cruise and it was okay. It wasn't bad but it wasn't this whole big ordeal. I'd like a normal golf trip better than a cruise. However, I've never been on a Disney cruise.

We did a 3 night on Disney two years ago. Disney is definitely king when it comes to kids activities. The dining room food was a little fancy for my taste, but I definitely didn't go hungry. As much as they are targeted towards children, there are plenty of adult activities as well. You'll enjoy it.

Wondering if anyone here has taken a Disney Cruise. I have one Caribbean cruise under my belt and I am not a big fan but, to celebrate a couple of significant birthdays we are planning to take the family on a three day cruise with Disney to the Bahamas.

I have friends that did this one and said it was top notch. Excellent food and activities that could keep adults entertained as well as kids.

Wife's family has gone on 3 or 4 Disney cruises. You pay for it of course but they go all out and give you a great time. Worth the money according to them

I was surprised at how few kids I saw during our Disney cruise. They are definitely occupied doing fun stuff in their program, which gives the adults some nice relaxation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I've been on 1 Disney cruise and it was great. I haven't done any other so I can't give a comparison. Did a stingray swim in the Bahamas and a kayak adventure on Castaway Cay. The kayak was ok, there's not much to see scenery wise at Castaway Cay. It was cool to touch and feed the stingrays though. With the 3 day, the only time we spent on board was the evenings pretty much. For dinner you rotate through a different restaurant each evening. Each one has a different theme and your wait staff follows you to the other restaurants. My favorite is the Artist's Pallete. The shows on board are great too. They had a different one each night. If you've seen a show at the Disney theme parks, it's of that quality. They also have movies playing on board and in the evening played a movie by the pool. Lots of activities for adults and kids.

Back