Different shaft / driver combinations?

Schweitzer_07

Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion on putting different shafts on driver heads? I like my current driver when I hit it well, but not the punishment it gives when I connect on the toe/heel (which with the lack of practice and playing I am getting, is happening far too often). I am looking at possibly getting a more forgiving driver head, but really not interested in spending a whole lot of money on one and considered taking the shaft from my FT Tour (Adila Voodoo X-Stiff) and just buying the head of a driver. I wasn't sure if that was a good idea, or if certain shafts perform better with certain driver heads.

Any advice on the issue as well as what driver heads might be better for me (I have a swing speed of about 115 if that matters) is greatly appreciated!

It all comes down to fitting. Every head/shaft combo could be the perfect fit for someone. Optimization of numbers in a fitting will give you the perfect match.

I'm interested in the Diablo Edge from what I have read about it's distance/accuracy but what's the best way to find out what the best shaft combination for that club would be for me? Obviously individually hitting the driver with each different type of shaft would be optimal, but I don't know of anywhere that offers that type of service.

I'm interested in the Diablo Edge from what I have read about it's distance/accuracy but what's the best way to find out what the best shaft combination for that club would be for me? Obviously individually hitting the driver with each different type of shaft would be optimal, but I don't know of anywhere that offers that type of service.

Contact some stores and pro shops in your area and see about getting a driver fitting with the Diablo Edge.

Back