Did anyone play the original Adams Tight Lies Fairway Wood?

BogeyMan60

Reaction score
Handicap
My Gut
My girlfriends grandfather used to be a pretty big golfer but now he has a real hard time getting around because of the polio he had when he was a young boy. When he found out I was really getting into golf he gave me some clubs and told me to get some use out of them if I could. The two that I really love and that caught my eye were a sweet older Ping putter and the old original tight lies FW. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but I've been able to hit some of my birdie balls around the yard with it and it seems like it would be pretty easy to hit off the deck to hit, and it makes the birdie balls go a mile. Does anyone have any experience with the original and what were your experiences with it? I'm really thinking about putting it in the bag.

I loved the original Tight Lies. It was great out of the rough and pretty much anywhere else. I moved on to something else because I didn't get the same distance out of that as I did newer 3 woods. They actually just released a brand new version of the Tight Lies.

Loved the original and planning on gaming the new version. With the new shaft technology I'm sure the new version will do just fine.

My girlfriends grandfather used to be a pretty big golfer but now he has a real hard time getting around because of the polio he had when he was a young boy. When he found out I was really getting into golf he gave me some clubs and told me to get some use out of them if I could. The two that I really love and that caught my eye were a sweet older Ping putter and the old original tight lies FW. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but I've been able to hit some of my birdie balls around the yard with it and it seems like it would be pretty easy to hit off the deck to hit, and it makes the birdie balls go a mile. Does anyone have any experience with the original and what were your experiences with it? I'm really thinking about putting it in the bag.

The original tight lies was a very good club for me. They are much like some of the clubs today that are easier to hit for sketchy lies and maybe not the longest distance club but a very accurate club. If you like it you might want to update the shaft, but as I remember the stock shaft was very solid for me. Good luck with the tight lies and if you don't mind me asking what loft is it? I had the original 16* and it was a very versatile club for me.

It is also a very easy club to use for a putting/chipping stroke from just off the green.

Loved the original. I used to play at Firewheel in DFW back when Adams was introducing it and it was the hottest thing going at the time. Game it and see if it works for you....

J.

I had the original in a 3 and 5 wood. Very easy to hit off the deck and high launching. Great club.

What does the original look like? I have tight lies that just says "Tight Lies" that's 16 degrees. I love it, and can seemingly hit it anywhere.

I loved the original Tight Lies. It was great out of the rough and pretty much anywhere else. I moved on to something else because I didn't get the same distance out of that as I did newer 3 woods. They actually just released a brand new version of the Tight Lies.

The new one is on my list of clubs I really want to try, it was just a crazy coincidence he happened to give me this one today.

What does the original look like? I have tight lies that just says "Tight Lies" that's 16 degrees. I love it, and can seemingly hit it anywhere.

I will put a pic up when I can get to my computer. It just says Tight Lies and has all the US Patent numbers on them. I think he told me he bought it off an infomercial and that's how Adams got started. His house is like a golf museum, he's played all over, even the Old Course in Scotland. He's got some awesome golf stories.

The original tight lies was a very good club for me. They are much like some of the clubs today that are easier to hit for sketchy lies and maybe not the longest distance club but a very accurate club. If you like it you might want to update the shaft, but as I remember the stock shaft was very solid for me. Good luck with the tight lies and if you don't mind me asking what loft is it? I had the original 16* and it was a very versatile club for me.

It is also a very easy club to use for a putting/chipping stroke from just off the green.

Its the original 16 degree. I might have to change the shaft, it has a senior flex in it. Any suggestions on possible shafts for it? The whole distance thing doesn't really bother me, our courses around here are pretty short but they're super tight and have pretty little greens.

That must be the original that I have then, it also has patent numbers all over it. No markings on the top of the club whatsoever.

That must be the original that I have then, it also has patent numbers all over it. No markings on the top of the club whatsoever.

This one has no markings on the top either.

Its the original 16 degree. I might have to change the shaft, it has a senior flex in it. Any suggestions on possible shafts for it? The whole distance thing doesn't really bother me, our courses around here are pretty short but they're super tight and have pretty little greens.

Not sure what shaft I would put in it, but reminds me a little of a cross between the Mashie fairway and Mashie hybrid so I might try the Miyazaki C Kua 59 in it. I would definitely check the tip as I remember it seemed smaller than other fairway woods at the time. I'm sure some other shafts could work well.

Back