Diamana 'ilima shaft

Pirate95

Let it snow......
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.6
I'm looking into the Diamana 'ilima shaft for my R1. I've read the company's description and saw a few reviews on other websites(not THP quality). I can't seem to find a place I can demo it myself, so I'm hoping that someone has some experience with this shaft here. Thanks for your help!

I'm looking into the Diamana 'ilima shaft for my R1. I've read the company's description and saw a few reviews on other websites(not THP quality). I can't seem to find a place I can demo it myself, so I'm hoping that someone has some experience with this shaft here. Thanks for your help!

It's the highest launching of the Diamana line.

THPing on Tapatalk

Should be a part of most Titleist fitting carts. I know it's still an upgrade option in the 913 line. Might try there.

I owned one for a while. Kind of wish I didn't trade it since I was looking for a tip soft shaft recently. It's a firm butt, mid section shaft with a more active tip section. This is what leads to a higher launch. I would not categorize it as high launch, however. It's more of a mid launch for me, maybe mid to high launch.

It's a great shaft if it fits your swing and something you're looking for.

Really good description by Sleuth - mid to mid high launch with mid spin. Fits a lot players pretty well although most with fast transitions do not like it because of the soft tip. Playability wise I would compare it to the GD YS 6+, although the feel is slightly different.

I owned one for a while. Kind of wish I didn't trade it since I was looking for a tip soft shaft recently. It's a firm butt, mid section shaft with a more active tip section. This is what leads to a higher launch. I would not categorize it as high launch, however. It's more of a mid launch for me, maybe mid to high launch.

It's a great shaft if it fits your swing and something you're looking for.

Really good description by Sleuth - mid to mid high launch with mid spin. Fits a lot players pretty well although most with fast transitions do not like it because of the soft tip. Playability wise I would compare it to the GD YS 6+, although the feel is slightly different.

I would recommend this for a smooth transition/tempo swinger. Unless you plan to go heavy, x-stiff, or do some tipping. Could turn into a costly experiment since the aftermarket 'ilima's are pretty exotic/expensive. If you want to keep costs down, may want to look into pulls.

I play it in my hybrid and can see how it would transition well to driver for some folks. I know in the hybrid it really responds to a smooth swing, if you allow it to load up it explodes through the ball.

Cleveland has it in their catalogue so you can get an idea of what its IFC is... http://www.clevelandgolf.com/pdfs/2013_Custom_Catalog.pdf

I play it in my hybrid and can see how it would transition well to driver for some folks. I know in the hybrid it really responds to a smooth swing, if you allow it to load up it explodes through the ball.

Cleveland has it in their catalogue so you can get an idea of what its IFC is... http://www.clevelandgolf.com/pdfs/2013_Custom_Catalog.pdf

That catalogue is great.......I like how it shows the Flex Code(Miyazaki) for all of the custom shafts, very informative........thanks!

It is similar to the Red Board i have played on fairways it is nice but will get the ball up into the air for me almost ballooning

Back