Custom Putters to celebrate birth of first child

tjgus25

Reaction score
My wife and I are expecting our first child this September and we are both very excited. I was saying to her that i wanted to do something unique and special for each of our children. I have a custom scotty cameron and I love it.
So as we were talking about gifts I mentioned i would like to get a custom scotty for each of our children and she loved the idea.(i was shocked she like the idea i figured she wouldnt at all.) So what im thinking is whatever year my child is born i will buy that years putter and have it customized with their name on the bumpers like Carter on left bumber and James on right bumper and then have the Date on the face toe such as 9.20.12 Also if girl color it pink and for boy blue.

That was just off top of my head idea. Anyone else have any ideas of how else i could make it? open to any ideas.

Get a TP Mills custom!

My wife and I are expecting our first child this September and we are both very excited. I was saying to her that i wanted to do something unique and special for each of our children. I have a custom scotty cameron and I love it.
So as we were talking about gifts I mentioned i would like to get a custom scotty for each of our children and she loved the idea.(i was shocked she like the idea i figured she wouldnt at all.) So what im thinking is whatever year my child is born i will buy that years putter and have it customized with their name on the bumpers like Carter on left bumber and James on right bumper and then have the Date on the face toe such as 9.20.12 Also if girl color it pink and for boy blue.

That was just off top of my head idea. Anyone else have any ideas of how else i could make it? open to any ideas.
That sounds like a great idea. My wife and I are expecting our second this September, as well. I may try to sell her on the idea of getting 14 new custom clubs and bag!

Or maybe I will just go with some custom 588s, she might go for that.

My daughter is due end of April and was thinking of adding the date or her name to the putter I am buying. Trying to decide if I should stamp it myself or get something to do it.

You could also do matching custom grips with the paintfill colors as well as shaft bands. I'm not a big fan of the Cameron CS pricing, but in this case you could have them do all of this, stamps, paintfill, grip, shaftband and maybe even a headcover of some sort. If you go to Camerons site, there are tons of pictures of custom shop putters. I'm guessing there will be something in this theme there.

Congrats WE and TJ! My daughter and I were born on September 8th! If either is born on that date, maybe I should win something... no? Fair enough. Congrats guys!

Congrats! I just went through the same process, but the putter was a wedding gift to me from my fiance.

I couldn't resist the Scotty Cameron - so I bought a SC Studio Select newport and sent it off to the Scotty Cameron Studio.

I am getting custom stamping, and all new coloring. It arrived at the SC studio on Tuesday. I should be getting it back within the next two weeks or so.

Tim that's awesome!! Congrats and great idea! That's awesome that Nicole went for it! #shesakeeper!

The Custom Scotty Cameron is a great idea, but I'll throw my idea your way....

5 words: My Custom Putter Dot Com :bananadance:

Yea ive looked at alot of different sites like nevercompromise, 350milled, edel but with my connections with titleist i can get a good price with the scotty so im leaning that way. for the price of putter and bumper stamping Its looking like scotty may be the way to go.

So here is what the idea is as of right now and the wife has okayed. Im going to get myself a Scoty cameron select 1.5 and have my childs name stamped on left bumper and if/when i have a second child have their name stamped on right bumper. For my child i will be getting a SC monterey and paint it according color blue/pink for the kid and have their first name on left bumper middle name on right bumper and maybe date of birth on front toe. It will be place on the wall for now and if they become a golfer they can have it if not collecters item. Also with me getting mine stamped with their names gives me something to always think about them while golfing and giving me that "prospective" that im a blessed man regardless of the golf im playing.

Also since my wife golfs alittle we were maybe going to get some kind of custom putter cover for both of us with all of our names on it or something. That was a idea my wife came up with and of course i ran with it haha

Back