Curse You, THP (not really)

Jeanthemachine

Earl of Limerick
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.7
I have a friend who has a family relationship with some at THP. Because of him I discovered this group and became somewhat active.

I say "curse you" because, when I found THP, I had a pretty good golf game and was reasonably happy with my game and my equipment.

Since finding The Hackers' Paradise I have:

- spent money and been surprised by my golf swing at GolfTEC
- purchased 3 hybrids because THPers say they are easy to hit
- purchased new wedges because DG Spinner shafts are so helpful at controlling spin
- changed my ball of choice through THP sponsored testing
- had my irons re-shafted to take advantage of graphite.

See what you did to me.

I have enjoyed every minute and every dollar I have spent. Thank you THP and THPers for helping me enjoy the total golf experience more than ever.

Sounds like THP was a help not a hinder!! I kid of course, I'm glad you found the information helpful around here, that is the one most important thing behind the relationships and bonds. There are so many good opinions and experiences on here it's like having reviews and information at your fingertips!!!

Haha THP will do that do you! It is a great community man

It's a mind control thing that THP has that.......What, I forgot what I was going to say. Oh, okay, I LOVE THP. repeat, repeat, etc. I knew I'd get it right!!!

Now that's funny right there Jtm, I feel you anguish. lol

I know what you mean. I was happy with my clubs until I came here, now they are junk & I must buy more.

its an addiction for sure

despite not needing equipment i find myself needing it more and more thanks to the review threads and pondering threads. (sigh....)

You're in good shape compared to me... Since joining in April, i'm on my third iron set, 2nd wedge set, 2nd putter, and 3rd driver.... Ya, i'm a gear where with a problem and I admit it, but at least I've found the right gear for me finally... Keep your eyes open on the sale thread for some gear. And I'm also pandering another driver for good measure :banghead:

Dan

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

I've just started here but I feel your pain. THP has certainly lighten my wallet for sure!

we can be club ho's around here...LOL

I know what you mean. I was happy with my clubs until I came here, now they are junk & I must buy more.

I KNOW!! gahh! good for my golf game and my confidence, but BAD for the wallet! haha!

You're in good shape compared to me... Since joining in April, i'm on my third iron set, 2nd wedge set, 2nd putter, and 3rd driver.... Ya, i'm a gear where with a problem and I admit it, but at least I've found the right gear for me finally... Keep your eyes open on the sale thread for some gear. And I'm also pandering another driver for good measure :banghead:

Dan

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

except for an x flex shaft for your driver, right? hehe

My entire bag is different from a year ago, except my driver. Don't misunderstand that, though. I bought more than a handful of drivers (and two hands full of three woods!) but none ever "took".

Everything I liked about my stuff back then either changed or I progressed onward thanks to the tips, tricks and equipment evolution after THP.

I joined THP a month after I played my first real round of golf. I broke 100 for the first time with JB, 90 for the first time with TC and One-T, went to several outings, participated in 2 Morgan Cups (filmed the first, played in the second), met a good friend who helped ease the move to NC (Thanks GrantD) and gave me a great golf mentor in TC, a great friend in Biggsy, One-T, Yoccos, Grant & etc. I have been most blessed by stumbling upon this site when it was less than 1000 members. I love it here.

I can concur with that thought. Growing in the game and reading through the forums, I also look forward to new friendships along the way.

Now to find a home for the first large iron purchase..lol.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

You are preaching to the choir here. Since joining a few months back, I am on my 2nd set of Pings, 4th driver, 2 hybrids, 5 putters, 3 golf bags, 3 pairs of golf shoes, 3 g.p.s./ range finders, 1 set of stiff flex iron shafts. Just in case my swing gets stronger. 2 golf apps for Iphone, 1 orange swing trainer, and countless odds and ends. And almost 1 divorce

It's the only time I've ever thanked the gods I'm relatively poor... I can become such a gear hound. THP feeds my addiction though, with great info for improving my game, amazing online pals, and of course, equipment reviews that I will use when I can actually buy something besides golf balls ;)

You certainly learn a lot about equipment here and want to improve your equipment.

Back