Courses filled up with events?

rhinosparky

Reaction score
Handicap
Does your course or prefered course get filled up with random events nearly every weekend?
This one one of the biggest reason I joined a private country club. The nearest course to me is virtually booked every weekend with some tournament whether it be a club competition, charity scramble, highschool tournament, juniors tournament or mens and womens league. It makes it nearly unplayable.
I get that some people love the variety and want to play different courses every week. Yet those of use who shell out the money for the value aspect of having a membership expect to be able to play.
Our course doesn't allow charity events unless its hosted by a member and that is only on mondays after noon. The only tournaments are club sponsored tournaments and there are only 6 of those which do not take place on Sundays. So nice to have your home course be open for play nearly every weekend.

My regular course is not generally packed with events on the weekends. They do most of them during the week. Anything on the weekend is pretty small.

The private club I used to belong to was always hosting events and it was pretty annoying as a member. Felt like every other weekend there was something going on during the summer

Luckily the club I belong to only does Monday outings (which is a day I never play anyways). I appreciate having freedom on the weekends to be able to show up and peg it.

I am a member of a private club and I'm not too happy with how many events we have throughout the week. Course is closed Monday and there is often a charity tournament of some sort being played. Course closes around noon on Thursday for Men's League. There is a chunk of tee times taken up on Wednesday for the Women's League and late Tuesday for juniors. We've had club events on the weekend lately. Although they don't take up the entire day, it's a bit frustrating having them because it limits availability.

My course does almost all their charity scrambles and men's club/women's club tournaments on weekends, but they're usually pretty spaced out so it's not happening every weekend. Fortunately I don't play weekends, so it doesn't bother me a bit.

A lot of Fridays and Mondays for the courses near me. Not generally on weekends (with one exception where they host a lot of junior tour events).

My local course has a lot of charity scrambles and leagues during the week. It sucks at times but also makes total sense because they make a lot of money off of them.

This is a public course

My senior league which is independent of the course, plays on Wednesday mornings. 5 of our 20 weeks we’ll have to play at a different course because outings at our home course have taken our spot.

Back