Costco Prescription Sunglasses for Golf?

Steve V

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations for Costco Rx Sunglasses for golf? They seem to have a limited range of frames, but are about 30% of the cost of SportsRx, for example.

I am thinking Amber lens with Mirror coating and AR coating.

Thanks for any feedback.

Yes, Several times

Does anyone have recommendations for Costco Rx Sunglasses for golf? They seem to have a limited range of frames, but are about 30% of the cost of SportsRx, for example.

I am thinking Amber lens with Mirror coating and AR coating.

Thanks for any feedback.
If you are looking just for an inexpensive pair of sunglasses for golf, check out Zenni Optical online. They come from China but are really inexpensive. From experience, just don't order "frameless" glasses.

Phil, would you mind sharing which Costco Sunglass frame(s) worked well for you golfing, and which lens you recommend as well? Thanks!

I have two different Oakley prescription frames that I purchased from Costco - The Extender & The Conductor. Both have Transitions lenses. I use them for golf, and never had any problems with either one staying put. The Conductors have spring hinges, so I feel like they aren’t very secure if I put them on top of my hat. Something to consider if you do that frequently.

When I ordered my last pair, they did not have any Oakley frames on display. But when I checked with the optician, she was able to find these two models. And there might have been a third option that was too small for my fat head.

I just got a pair recently but I can't recommend them. The lenses have these dark spots around the edges that look awful. They even affect my peripheral vision. I need to return them and have them remade.

Phil, would you mind sharing which Costco Sunglass frame(s) worked well for you golfing, and which lens you recommend as well? Thanks!
I didn't use Costco. I used Zenni, one of their aviator styles.

I only have regular glasses from Costco for those overcast days or when it's dusk and sun glasses are too dark. For sunglasses, I went with Smith Optics. (Guides Choice.) I like Smith as they really stand behind their products 100%.

Back