Cost Of The Cheapest Good/Best Course Near You?

3 courses within 30 miles. Weekend mornings range from $65-75 with a cart. Drops a bit on weekdays and later in the afternoon. I usually book a tee time online. Around 10:30 to 11:30 there's always these "Hot Deals" that gives you a rate between $30-35 on weekdays. In the summer when its hot it can drop to $20 after 1:00. Not many people want to brave the triple digit heat during the hottest part of the day. They do charge a convenience fee of $6.95. Still a good deal.

For a decent course near me on the weekends $75 is probably the cheapest. Several are over $100 up to $142 for one. These courses were $50-70 before Covid.

No less than $60

Forest Hills in Elyria, Ohio. $31 for 18 and a cart and it’s my favorite course in the area

Cheapest worth playing is $55.

I live in south central VA. About 20 minutes from the NC state line. An hour from Greensboro, an hour from Lynchburg, about an hour and change from Roanoke. I could name the town/city, but pretty unknown.
I have family in Johnson City and the rates are quite reasonable.

With cart? That's where they get you ($19 per rider any day, any time at our most affordable course). Weekday twilight is $46, senior is $41. Weekend max would be $68

Cheapest for me is around $65-$85 depending on time of day, weekend it’s $85-$100

36/w cart for 18. If it was in cook county (chicago) it'd prolly be closer to 100$/rd. local municiple always in decent shape, and about 2 miles from my house.

I had to look up our local Muni Its $28 for 18 with $32 for a cart. Crazy that the cart is more than the golf. Its your typical packed into a tiny plot muni.
The local Country Club if you can get a member to get you on is $92 for 18 with a cart the first time and $120 for the second time and you can only go twice a month if you are not a member. Its a hidden gem that when our population grows will be very expensive to get into.

Attachments

• IMG_1453.JPG
    IMG_1453.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 1
The Muni here is decent. Its $45 on the weekends.

There are no really good courses around me so I have to drive a bit. Everything good is at or over $100 still and hopefully at the end of the month we will see some relief. The summer rates haven't all been published but I hope to see some $40-$60 rates.

There is another one near me. I forgot about it. It is a pretty true "beginner's" course as there is no sand and very little water. They have it listed as weekdays $26 riding. Man, weekends is only $32 riding.

There is course by me called the Highlands of Elgin. Almost always finishes in the top 5 as best public courses in illinois. Weekday senior which I am is $53 with a cart and $72 on weekend for residents. Non senior resident is about $10/12 more during the week. There is no senior rate on weekends. Non residents pay about $10/12 more than resident rates.

Cheap and good are the separation in my area. $35 for a just ok course with a funky layout. $45 for a very busy nicely maintained course.

Back