Cobra & Golfsmith are frustrating me!!!

kildaire

Left Handed Hacker
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, now I'm frustrated. Many times off of the advise of THP posts I will try new clubs. Last month I read many good things about the Cobra Baffler Rail and I presently have Cobra S3 3 & 5 woods which I really like. I also have 21 & 24 degree Ft Fusion hybrids which I love. So I decided to buy a 28 degree Baffler Rail. Golfsmith had it available on their site $99.99. I am left handed so it was no surprise when I bought the club Golfsmith did not have it in stock and said it would come directly from Cobra with an expected delivery of 1-2 weeks. I bought this August 8th. On the 22nd I followed up and Golfsmith had to call Cobra to get an update who said "they do not have it in stock yet". Here's where I get confused. They are the manufacturer don't they make it???? How do they not have it? And if they don't have it why would Golfsmith sell it??? I was told they have 1 coming next week and to be patient. I was. I called a week later and they said it was coming from the factory and should ship out next week. I waited 2 more weeks and called again to be told it just came in and they had to still put it together, test it, and then ship it out. Golfsmith has provided all my updates but only when I call and they always make me hold as the call Cobra. They are know telling me this should be out in a few days but they have been wrong everytime so far. At this point I am thinking about just cancelling the order. Should I just wait? Should I try to contact Cobra directly? what should I do here??? It should not take 2 months to get 1 club

While Cobra makes the clubs, they are not putting out new clubs every single day. The problem here is less with Cobra than with Golfsmith in my opinion. They sold an item that they did not have in stock and had no idea when it would be in stock. That is a no-no in my opinion.

I would ask for your money back and find the clubs elsewhere. Just my thoughts anyway.

They did the same thing to me with the Nike STR8-Fit VR Pro 3 wood. I wait over 2 weeks and when I called they said the the order had been cancelled. The product was no longer being made.

While Cobra makes the clubs, they are not putting out new clubs every single day. The problem here is less with Cobra than with Golfsmith in my opinion. They sold an item that they did not have in stock and had no idea when it would be in stock. That is a no-no in my opinion.

I would ask for your money back and find the clubs elsewhere. Just my thoughts anyway.

I have to agree.

I agree with this.

Get your money back. This is a horrible way to do business

Too many horror stories from Golfsmith for me to order anything from them, and this is just another example.

Just to close out this thread i thought i would finish the story. After getting everyone advise I sent Cobra a lengthy email on the 8th to which i got a reply from them on the 9th with an apology and that they would rush it. On Monday the 12th the club came in. However, here's where it gets comical, on the 13th I receive another email from Cobra that says the club is ready and being shipped out. The on the 15th I receive another email saying it has shipped. The next day I get one more email that says I should receive the club today and they are closing the ticket. By this point I have hit the club for a week. As for Golfsmith I would only ever order from them again if it was a steal of a deal and I didn't care about when it came. I will NEVER order clubs from them. As for the club itself it is a great club to have. I thought a 6 hybrid might be unnecessary but it is very easy to hit and has helped my confidence on shots 150-160yd, really enjoying the Baffler Rail.

Back