Cobra DARKSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Did anyone else know a 7 wood could go so far? I didn’t. The Darkspeed fw is bordering on hy-wood territory for ease of use. Sound is great. A muted, deep fwap. The ball launches quickly but carries without spinning up to much. It’s a great option into those long par 4s and 5s when you need the height, but also need the landing angle to hold the green.

Well, I had a couple nice drives today with the 3+ LS, then I topped one off the tee on the 15th hole. 🤦‍♂️ I hit one or two of those randomly per year with fairways which is one of the reasons I switched to a mini driver. To be fair I hit my fair share of tops with the mini driver from the fairway by biting off more than I could chew. Made up for it by hitting it to 15 feet again on the 18th hole par 5.

I know i have said it a bunch but my 7 wood is so fun to hit. Today we had some really long par 3 and this particular shot was 203 with a slight uphill. I grabbed the 7 wood and let it rip. i left myself a nice birdie try which I left about 3 inches short lol. The high ball flight sits nicely on the greens without a ton of rollout. Both the 5-7 FW woods today were really good. I did put my tee shot on 18in the desert as I tried to get too much out of it and went too hard. That was a par 5 and my plan was to go 5 wood then 5 wood as I was fighting the driver a bit today.
IMG_5297.jpegIMG_5298.jpegIMG_5299.jpeg

3w LS cost me 4 strokes today off the tee. When it’s good it’s good but Not sure this setup is going to work for me. I have both heavy weights up front and when I miss on the toe things are bad.

3w LS cost me 4 strokes today off the tee. When it’s good it’s good but Not sure this setup is going to work for me. I have both heavy weights up front and when I miss on the toe things are bad.
The max has been great for me.

Why that weight position?

Why that weight position?
I am experimenting with all positions. I hit a couple really good ones but too many stinkers today with this setup. Next will be heavy toe and back, light in the heel. If that one doesn’t work I’ll be moving to the X

What were the misses for you? Low/bad flight, or just losing too much distance?

I saw the X today and I like it but it’s not as deep as my Mac Max 3+. I have no doubt it’s a rocket launcher but the look at address is different than what I have now.

What were the misses for you? Low/bad flight, or just losing too much distance?
Big Sweeping hooks. Distance is not a problem.

Big Sweeping hooks. Distance is not a problem.
One would think the heavy weight on the the toe and back would help with this?

Look a few posts up 😉
I did, just didn't quote it correctly. I meant that what you're going to try next should do exactly what you're going for. I don't skim this thread (or other Cobra ones)! :LOL:

I did, just didn't quote it correctly. I meant that what you're going to try next should do exactly what you're going for. I don't skim this thread (or other Cobra ones)! :LOL:
Haha I would say it’s a me problem and still could be but when that was the only club it was was happening with it’s a setup problem whether it’s weighting or shaft or something. I have hit some really great shots with that club but it’s the least consistent club in my bag at the moment

Haha I would say it’s a me problem and still could be but when that was the only club it was was happening with it’s a setup problem whether it’s weighting or shaft or something. I have hit some really great shots with that club but it’s the least consistent club in my bag at the moment
So what you're saying is that you'll be unbeatable in the fall? I know for me, the longer the shaft, the bigger the problems. Where do you play the ball in your stance with FW's? My experience is better when I move it a bit more towards the center, helps fight the hooks.

So what you're saying is that you'll be unbeatable in the fall? I know for me, the longer the shaft, the bigger the problems. Where do you play the ball in your stance with FW's? My experience is better when I move it a bit more towards the center, helps fight the hooks.
That’s the plan 😎 I move the ball position around and it could have been something that simple yesterday. With both weights forward I was going to maximum distance and speed. This is the problem with moveable weights, it’s fun to experiment haha.

That’s the plan 😎 I move the ball position around and it could have been something that simple yesterday. With both weights forward I was going to maximum distance and speed. This is the problem with moveable weights, it’s fun to experiment haha.
The tinkering can be endless. I know it's easier for me to start tinkering than to fix myself :LOL: Hope you find the cure in any case, more fun to see you fall when you're at your peak ;)

So my Radspeed 21* face decided to implode. It is 3 years old so out of warranty. I need to replace it. I also play a 19* radspeed hybrid. I have been toying with idea of addinf a 5w and 7w. How do you guys like the dark speed woods and hybrids

Really need to give the DarkSpeed hybrids a try soon.

Only hit the LS 3w once last night but it was a decent shot albeit pretty low ball flight. Looks amazing, doesn't have that metallic sound I was kind of expecting with the titanium in it but feels solid. Looks fantastic at address. I moved the heavy weight to the back to try and help raise the launch/spin because it definitely wants to fly low. May have to loft up as well.
I might have to do the same, love everything about it besides how low it is. Might try a different shaft too

Attachments

• IMG_4833.jpeg
    IMG_4833.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 4
I’m going to go with the X in 5w for the fairway. I like the shape of it and I’m optimistic it will be a weapon both from the tee and the deck.

Back