BAM7

Reaction score
What are you guys doing to for drying the epoxy on built clubs? Should I be letting them dry head up or head down? Head up is easy with one club in my vice, but a whole set is gonna require a little more planning. I don't want to devote a lot of space to big rack that I won't use much.

I see some clips on amazon that might work but not not sure. Just looking for some ideas from all the experts so I don't have to re-invent the wheel.

I do head down. Not interested in the epoxy trickling down the shaft.
But then you got to rest the head on the floor right? That's where I think doing a whole set at once is gonna require a rack.

Sometimes head down, sometimes head up. Excess epoxy is easy to clean up after the fact.

I’ve never used a rack, just lean a full set against a table or door or something.

But then you got to rest the head on the floor right? That's where I think doing a whole set at once is gonna require a rack.
I let gravity hold it together. Club head on floor, shaft nearly vertical leaning on something.

Sometimes head down, sometimes head up. Excess epoxy is easy to clean up after the fact.

I’ve never used a rack, just lean a full set against a table or door or something.
Me too, but I've only done one club at a time. I find anytime I have more than one loose club out they start falling over, so with wet epoxy it could get ugly. I could be over thinking this obviously.

I found a club rack that I attached to my work bench, has rubber and holds 12 or 14 clubs, when they're setting its good as I put then head down and the shaft drops into each slot and they don't move

Amazon sells these chinesium clips. Anyone ever try them mounted on a board or something?

1708815119329.png

Me too, but I've only done one club at a time. I find anytime I have more than one loose club out they start falling over, so with wet epoxy it could get ugly. I could be over thinking this obviously.
A little bit. Hahaha

Head down always for me. If stored head up excess epoxy can create a rattle in the club if it pours to one side then separates from the interior wall.

Always head down. I just lean full sets against a wall in a location where they won't get bumped over.

All good info. Head down sounds like the way to go. I will build something and get a picture of it.

I fabricated something that should work. Custom DIY is always better than buying more crap anyway. I made this to clamp to a work table and will hang it on a pegboard for storage. I used the ideas that people threw out there and just focused on holding the club head down and preventing it from from falling over. Maybe the idea helps someone, or maybe not.

Attachments

• Club.Drying.Rack.jpg
    Club.Drying.Rack.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 13
I reshafted 4-P, G, 54, 58 today....and used the stand up freezer as my drying rack.

I always just lean mine against the wall, done a whole set a few times with no issues of falling over.

Amazon sells these chinesium clips. Anyone ever try them mounted on a board or something?

View attachment 9244632

I mounted these fishing rod clips on a board to hang clubs in the garage wall. They work good, but the only issue is that the clips are a little flexible, so some smaller diameter grips can slide down some. My solution to that was to have zip ties to around the front to tighten the clips and secure the clubs better. However, for a club drying rack these fishing rod clips should work good because the clubs would be resting on the ground and would not be holding the weight of the club. There are also some billiard cue stick clips on amazon that look good too because they look more rigid. I may try those as well.

The clips you show look good because they look more rigid, but I wonder if the clubs will snap into place and hold tightly or just hang. Do you have a link to those clips?

61e96JZnShL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Most hosels are around .5" diameter. I wonder if some 3/8 pex tubing snap in clips would hold tight enough? They are low cost. 1/2" clips would work for the grips

Last edited:
Had a magnetic tool rack laying around and it works pretty good, except with graphite 🤣

0FE9469F-B21D-4528-9814-ECEC8C67CCCF.jpeg

I have an 8' long bench and just mounted a 1x2 on the front of it and drilled holes for 5/16" wooden dowels where they are spaced about 1" apart. It was cheap and works perfectly. You don't need anything fancy.

Back