Cleveland fitting/demo day tomorrow

Johnboy12.5

Reaction score
Handicap
Ghin 9.1
Glad I checked my hotmail account again. Mulligan's proshop is hosting a cleveland fitting and demo day tomorrow afternoon. Think I'll go try a mashie or two, and see if anything is worth trading my Xli's in on!!! :banana:

man - cleveland only comes up my way like 4 days of the year. I'd love to try more of their stuff and gear.

Hobbs Hole (Tappahanock) is having a Cleveland/Srixon demo day on the 20th. I am looking forward to messing around with the z-star.

Glad I checked my hotmail account again. Mulligan's proshop is hosting a cleveland fitting and demo day tomorrow afternoon. Think I'll go try a mashie or two, and see if anything is worth trading my Xli's in on!!! :banana:

I wouldn't try 'em unless you bring the loot. Chances are you won't leave without one. lol

I wouldn't try 'em unless you bring the loot. Chances are you won't leave without one. lol

Well my hibore irons are on the two year trade in plan....so no worries there since it won't cost me a dime to trade em in. Now adding the mashie's is another story!! LOL

They are at my club in Bakersfield CA on Sunday. I cant wait. One Mashie in the bag and probably one to come on Sunday. Maybe the M1.

Our local demo is not this weekend but the next. I really want to put some time in with the CG16 tour model irons.

Leaving for the demo day now....I'll update later!

Leaving for the demo day now....I'll update later!

Im looking forward to hearing if they had all the mashies to demo. hope they have an M1

Cleveland puts on a helluva demo. Last one I was at they had everything X 5, in all the shafts too. Just browse, grab, and hit. Free balls too, I am stoked, they're here in a couple weeks as well. I'm hoping I can do the fitting thing this time around.

Stopped in my Edwin Watts at lunch to look for a demo driver for the weekend and the Cleveland rep was there with a bag full of irons and drivers and woods, doing demos in the hitting bay, etc. I got to look at the new CG16s (tour and reg) and the Z-Star irons (tour and reg) but no Z-Star driver with him. Luckily he did confirm than on March 26th the van at the World Golf Village demo day will have Z-Star drivers (and everything else) to try.

Now I just have to convince myself to wait another two weeks instead of just ordering one now! :(

LOL - that's great Penglynns. We are thinking about having one in the shop (using our simulator). Cleveland has offered us a change to do a full fitting from driver to wedge, for $100, with a free custom wedge (you can get it stamped). If enough people sign up, they'll bring their tech van too. We haven't put it into gear - but we will let THPers know if/when we do.

First off this was a small demo day, the full demo day is in a few weeks. Cleveland had one launch monitor set up and it was busy with everyone trying out the new Launcher drivers.

My purpose was to hit the CG16 irons and the Mashie hybrids. After hitting several irons I still have mixed feelings about them. I hate hitting off a mat for one thing and a soaking wet mat didn't make matters any better with the irons. I'm looking forward to my 7 iron arriving so I can take it to the course for a better evaluation.

I know a lot of us have followed the mashie review thread and after all of the reviews of the mashie my expectations were set pretty high. Well folks, the Mashie did not dissapoint! I was able to try out M2 - M5. This hybrid is really something special. I've gamed Ping and Taylormade hybrids in the past...but none of them were close to the Mashie. The only let down was the fact that they didn't have an M1 to demo.

I'm really looking forward to trying these again in a few weeks when it's warmer and dryer during the big demo outing they have planned. I wonder if I can talk Cleveland into allowing me trade my XLi's in for a mixed set of CG16s and Mashies?!?!?!

Back