Cleveland CG7 Tour BP vs. CG7 BP

mullie

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone tried them both? Looking for comparisons and which you prefer and why. Thanks!

mullie

Has anyone tried them both? Looking for comparisons and which you prefer and why. Thanks!

mullie

I have played both and like both a lot, but they are very different irons. smaller heads, less offset, etc...

I can comment as well, as I tried both, and own the BP tour.

JB is right. They are both very nice. The tour version has a smaller club head, less offset, thinner top-line, thinner sole.

Obviously, because the regular CG7 is more a game-improvement club, it has the typical game improvement club characteristics. It is very easy to hit the ball well consistently. It does have good feel, but it it's primary goal is to be forgiving.

The BP Tour is more of a players club. It has less offset and a smaller clubhead, but is not as intimidating as a blade. Despite being more of a players club, they have larger clubheads and more offset than a Mizuno MP-57. It is still pretty forgiving for being more of a workable club.

To me, the Tours are similar to the Mizuno MX-300, in that they have a meium size head and some offset.

They both are awesome (and look the part) and I guess it comes down to preference. I was personally looking to move from a really forgiving iron set to something a little more workable (and challenging) so I went with the tours.

Fildini

Back