Chesapeake Run - North Judson Indiana

Mystery Meat

Ben Hogan Fan
Reaction score
Handicap
Bad Gas
The News ... Chesapeake Run Golf Club, North Judson, Indiana
If you enjoy exploring local "small-town" private golf courses, and the occasional gem found during such explorations, then the Chesapeake Run Golf Club will be a dream come true ... you'll be absolutely stunned by this diamond of a course.

As beautiful as it is fun to play, the Chesapeake Run Golf Club opened July 2001 and is quickly becoming a top golf destination. This 18-hole course has a 6,063 yard layout (6,638 from the back) with so many quality holes that it's actually difficult to select the top 2 or 3 holes!

Originally, the Chesapeake-Ohio Rail System ran along the property giving the course its name. The train theme has been carried forward and incorporated into so many details of the course that you'll likely find a new one each time you visit.

For example, there's "The Dining Car" Restaurant that is certainly worth a stop during your trip and carries a Pub-style menu with a healthy kick. How about a Bun-Less Burger served over a delicious salad? And of course, what would a Dining Car be without a fully-stocked Bar?

Take note of the tee and yardage markers; complete with railroad spikes and train engines. But be careful though, the Chesapeake Run Golf Club train theme, combined with the sheer beauty of the course may cause you to momentarily forget why you're actually there in the first place ... to golf!

The Chesapeake Run Golf Club's Front 9 has a traditional feel with tight wooded shots, while the Back 9 has a more open links-style layout. The finishing hole is a 491-yard Par-5 (518 yards from the back) that dog-legs to the right ending directly in front of the Clubhouse.

The Clubhouse itself is just as pleasing to the eye as is the course. Plenty of seating, very nice Pro Shop, large clean restrooms, and a Staff that is eager to make your visit an enjoyable one.

And if all this wasn't enough to stoke your engine, there's more! The Chesapeake Run Golf Club is also an Audubon-Sanctioned Golf Course. Every hole has a connection with the bird community and the Club's Yardage Guide has a story to detail each. Take a Wildlife Tour while you golf!

Along the course is a beautiful development called Chesapeake Estates and in the works is an Active Adult Community (age 55 & older) known as Chesapeake Village. This is quite an opportunity for anyone looking for peaceful living highlighted by wonderful golf with additional attractions coming 'round the bend.

Located just outside North Judson in southern Starke County, Indiana; the Chesapeake Run Golf Club is a truly wonderful golf experience that you won't want to miss!

Pasted and clipped that :)

Anyway , played here a few days ago with a traveling group. Really had a great great time. Played $20 skins and $50 front / back and total with a group of 12. Shot a 79 (40/39) and was very disappointed my swing kinda let me down this day. For me money games are a great way to judge how the game is progressing. Well get them next time , but a great course an hour and half south from my home. Can't wait to come back and play here again

Adding pics now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
a8fcf8eb5df8fbc4970cc6d7a5ed886e.jpg

In the boonies and than I was stuck behind this for 15 minutes on a busy 2 lane country road ...

6636168704e628d3e194de43ee4e00c2.jpg

Nice scenery on the way . Very secluded and out in the middle of nowhere

e3969509f8a9153a13ee3c6795051739.jpg

Pro shop was excellent / didn't try the range only warmed up on the greens as this is where it is all at . Tee markers were old rail road ties

caacc7330354d1aaf33d984485d6f03a.jpg

First hole was 401 up hill with a huge bunker front right

82162f787c807ba72e44a82855a4b283.jpg
looking back at 1st green . And team mate teeing off on 2nd hole , downhill par 3 157 yards. He used a pink ball/ wore all pink and had a pink ping g30 driver ... A great player and great dresser

4662d836cd94df736f6fc23cf37de282.jpg

3rd hole straight away par 5 .. Bunkers and heather all down the left

Next is pic of 4 the green from 130 out after a laced 260 drive

c117ede58b0b861705f426d5f999e7b7.jpg
5 th approach after another nice drive. And snack shop on 7 th tee keeping with the train theme that the course was built around

0132554d326407a8fd9908c79150103a.jpg
undulated green on 13 from the back .. And a totally different course on the back

Front is all wooded , back is all heather . Great layout

20b92f5752dceec5855c379afe58d80e.jpg

Tee shot on number 8 . 143 par 3 . Bowl shaped green , but 7 birdies here and no blood :(

db62d50d01c77b3d92b21dbed0301ab9.jpg

Heather on back 9 ... View of clubhouse and train theme in the pond. We bet on who could hit it off the 17th tee. I lost $50 bucks here , buddy hit it on the 1st try with a low 5 iron

c7cae078b3e5e81df949703aeb571802.jpg
. Partner was staking it all day . 17 th par 3 158 I hit 7 , and he stuffed it right on top of me. Loved the pink ball. This guy could really play his ball, shot three under on his own ball

bcd1605ec0cf13b3c2652215554614a9.jpg

18 th hole. Hit a 280 drive and had 230 left to the par 5. Hit in the bunker , knocked it on and had 20 feet left down hill. Three jacked and was very upset , cost me some $$ on this one

A excellent course and a great venue for a skins game or team competition. Undulated greens and tons of risk and reward holes offer a great place for these type of competitions. Haven't played here since Its opening but was happy to come back and enjoy the day

Pace of play was right at 6 hours and course was extremely packed.

583450749d8045f1e5878d103750f81d.jpg

All farms and than out of the blue is a top notch club. If you have the opportunity give this one a try. Some great views with 2) unique 9s

Thanks for reading and take care

SIX HOUR PACE???? I hope that was a typo...

Actually slightly over 6. Yes , it was a very very long day. Course was just jam packed and nowhere for us to go. So with the almost 3 hours of drive time made it feel even longer.

Just a busy club I was told

Yikes! It'd have to be THP quality company to keep me from dozing off in the cart between shots. And constant stretching.

Nice pictures/collages MM.

We have some great courses (public and private) that are within a 45 minute drive. Anything over an hour or more drive I might do just once or twice a year. For the guys that do it all the time (non work related) a big kudos to you. But for me a trip like this is literally a whole day event. Where my whole day is just golf only and nothing else. Ironically the pro shop girl said the weekends are even busier :( . I would've left after 9 holes if this was just a casual round. But I haven't seen some of these guys in person for almost ten years. So the slow round didn't bother me quite as bad

This place is so far from any major city that it made me surprised how busy this course was. Found out that most of the members work in Lafaytte Indiana which was one hour south of here. Must be cheaper land and house prices that drew them in. It appeared to me that the only industry I saw was strictly farming all the way down.

Wow...6 hours on a weekday, that's unbelievable. Glad you had some long time friends to catch up with. Looked like a beautiful day out there.

Back