Catfished by a Putter

pumbaa

Teem Tour Edge 2024!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ever been catfished by a putter? I tried the Ping Harwood at a local store indoors and outdoors and was lights out with it. Buy it start using it and my putting fell apart, started using my GPS shafted blade style and putting went back to not being awful.

Lol, I had no clue what to expect opening this thread.

Thought I was going to read about an online transaction that showed up uglier than expected.

Yea for it to be a catfish you'd have to order the harwood and then like, get an old rusted anser.

Someone was great at first and then showed you their true self once you committed? That just sounds like a normal relationship

Putters in stores on their well designed putting greens always putt lights out.

Besides your blade putter, do you have other putters lying around to do additional head-to-head comparisons?

Tim Rozon Agree GIF by Blue Ice Pictures

Like they make the conditions so perfect they are trying to sell you a putter.

Last edited:
You mean the ones with the funnel you can't see? Hahaha

I took it outside to their actual putting green and worked well that is why I pulled the trigger.

Besides your blade putter, do you have other putters lying around to do additional head-to-head comparisons?
No but I want to try a #7 style to see how I do with it.

Can't say I have by a putter but have by a driver more than once. First it was a Taylormade Burner Bubble and then A Ping. Of course that was many years ago though

No but I want to try a #7 style to see how I do with it.
Have you looked into a customer putter? There are some great companies out there.

Can't say I have by a putter but have by a driver more than once. First it was a Taylormade Burner Bubble and then A Ping. Of course that was many years ago though
An RBZ Stage 2 at a demo day got me.

Scotty Squareback 2...loved it at the store and hit everything everywhere! Bought it and my already not good putting went to absolute crap. After a day with 43 putts I made an appointment to go get an Edel fitting. Problem is that putting is still in my living room and I still just love the way it feels so it's always tempting me to have another 40+ putt round!

That had occurred to me after I found I always putt better in the store than I do even on my putting practice mat at home.

Things that should work, often don't
I've tried several flow neck mallets and mid mallets trying to unseat my Betti Inovai 6.0 Crescent neck, but nothings come close, even when I make everyting from 3-30ft in the store.

It's sort of like ... "That bottle of wine tased so good at the winery ... How come it doesn't taste good at home at even half the price we paid for it."

Same with some putters ...

It's sort of like ... "That bottle of wine tased so good at the winery ... How come it doesn't taste good at home at even half the price we paid for it."

Same with some putters ...
Exactly

Back