Recipe Candied Pecans

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
On this weeks Worst Golf Podcast I decided to share a Thanksgiving appetizer recipe. These are so good, I warn you that you may eat half before your guests arrive. These are obviously good for other occasions as well and I actually plan to make a huge batch and bring to friends for the holidays.

Candied Pecans​

Candied-Pecans-Square-500x500.jpg

Recipe from https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/candied-pecans/

Ingredients​

• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 16 ounces unsalted pecans halves, (about 4 cup)
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon water

Instructions​

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt to a bowl and stir to combine.
  3. In a separate large bowl, beat the egg white, vanilla, and water until stiff peaks form.
  4. Add the pecans to the egg whites mixture and gently toss to coat. Add the cinnamon sugar mixture and stir gently until the pecans are well coated.
  5. Spread the pecans into a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
  6. Remove from the oven and allow the pecans to cool completely on the baking sheet.
  7. When completely cool, store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.

Notes​

Storage Instructions: Candied nuts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for several weeks.
Freezing Instructions: They freeze well in an air-tight container for up to two months.
Nuts: use any kind of nuts with this recipe, like walnuts, almonds, peanuts, cashews, or pistachios.
Quick Stovetop Candied Pecans: Toast 1 cup of pecans in a skillet over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, tossing often. Remove to a plate. Add ½ cup brown sugar, dash of salt, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of water to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat until bubbling. Pour the pecans in and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring to gently coat in the glaze. Remove from heat and pour pecans out onto a parchment lined tray. Cool completely.

I'm going to make this with my granddaughter!

Looks great and sounds super easy to make. Will definitely share with my wife.

That's a very interesting recipe. I've never used egg whites for any of my candied nut products.

I didn't catch on WGP if this is something you've done a bunch before or just the recipe you like.

Do you ever add a little cayenne for some depth of flavor?

Sorry for the abundance of questions - I enjoy making this with my kids, and other easy things that they can mix.

I get candied Pecans Costco and love them. It would be really cool to make them myself for the holidays. I'm going to try this out at some point before the end of the year.

We do something like that recipe and add a bit of cayenne to it. Love them.

@GolferGal, do you do pecan/peanut/cashew or other nut brittle? Pecan and cashew are our favorites.

That seems a lot easier than I expected. Cant wait to try them out.

• Admin
That's a very interesting recipe. I've never used egg whites for any of my candied nut products.

I didn't catch on WGP if this is something you've done a bunch before or just the recipe you like.

Do you ever add a little cayenne for some depth of flavor?

Sorry for the abundance of questions - I enjoy making this with my kids, and other easy things that they can mix.
I have made these before so I can vouch for the recipe. I don't like my sweet things spicy so I don't add cayenne but I can definitely see that being liked by many. And ask as many questions as you want.
I get candied Pecans Costco and love them. It would be really cool to make them myself for the holidays. I'm going to try this out at some point before the end of the year.
I had always bought them too, but wanted to try and make them and found some recipes and gave it a try and it was so easy and they are SO addicting.

• Admin
We do something like that recipe and add a bit of cayenne to it. Love them.

@GolferGal, do you do pecan/peanut/cashew or other nut brittle? Pecan and cashew are our favorites.
I am not usually a big brittle fan, too sticky, but I am always open to trying, if you have a recipe please let me know.

I had always bought them too, but wanted to try and make them and found some recipes and gave it a try and it was so easy and they are SO addicting.
Haha.. yea this is the part I'm worried about. I'm already mildly addicted to the Costco ones and have to physically move the container away from me and into a cabinet somewhere. I can't imagine how much more addictive they are warm out of the oven. :D

That seems a lot easier than I expected. Cant wait to try them out.
I'm going to over simplify but warm up the "candy" portion, pour it into the nut portion - mix.

Put in the oven - shake - oven - shake - oven - put on wax paper.

It's so simple and I know a lot of people think there's a lot to it. That's the magic of this kind of food, tastes delicious and plenty of time to THP during the baking process.

Haha.. yea this is the part I'm worried about. I'm already mildly addicted to the Costco ones and have to physically move the container away from me and into a cabinet somewhere. I can't imagine how much more addictive they are warm out of the oven. :D
And your whole house will smell AMAZING!

SOOOO good.

Just do it. Once. Then twice. =)

I might have to try making these. I love pecans

Yes!!! The praline pecans from Costco are super addicting...I am gonna give this recipe a try soon.

Not a big fan of Pecans, but this will be tried with Almonds and or Peanuts

mmm this sounds good. might have to try and make some.

These are awesome thanks for sharing @GolferGal

Love these. My wife makes candied nuts all year.

DO NOT mix these with Chex Mix, especially if you like the homemade kind. You’ve been warned.

OMG so goooood…..

These look absolutely fantastic but since I will just be showing up at your doorstep I won’t need to make them. 😂

Oooof, they wouldn't last 10 min in my House.

Back